• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sorry - California Closed for now.

Jburns

I grew up in the state, have lots of family members there still and love it.

But Gavin Newsom just drove a spike thru the heart of my home state economy.

And this will ripple thru the other 49 states. This governor did NOT think this thru.
No tire shops, no sign companies, no contractors, no construction, no baking companies making bread, no produce workers, no raw material suppliers, no warehouses open.

40 Million people told to stay home. Only essential businesses to stay open.

40 million people to stay home from work. Think about that. If one in ten people were dying I would get it...

BUT 19 people have died. Edit-
958 people tested positive according to tonights LA Times Article. And I believe thousands more have it...and will recover.

Gavin Newson will ruin lives and businesses. I think this will be the biggest mis calculation a governor has ever made. I hope there is fast reaction and refusal to this - like tomorrow.

https://www.latimes.com/california/...-california-1-billion-federal-aid-coronavirus

upload_2020-3-19_23-36-12.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-19_22-57-26.png
    upload_2020-3-19_22-57-26.png
    115.6 KB · Views: 160
  • upload_2020-3-19_23-34-23.png
    upload_2020-3-19_23-34-23.png
    115.7 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

signage

until we fully understand this virus we should be doing what our elected officials and medical personnel have come up with! I we don't follow what is recommended it could be worse than most of us think it will be. I would rather play it safe than in the future wish we would have done more to help sustain life.

SignosaurusRex

Extraordinary circumstances require extraordinary measures. COVID-19 will get a whole lot worse before it reaches its peak. As much as I hate to say it, I think the governor is making the correct decision. get used to it. I expect that our governor will make the same decision. If extraordinary measures are not taken now, hotels will be converted into temporary hospitals....and so on.

GWFI

Aren't sign and printers essential to the healthcare industry. Signs will need to be made for directing the public. Printers need to print for medical packaging. I think the state wants more of the retail sector to shut down, so you have fewer people congregating in one space at close distances. Even car wrappers have reason to stay open. Vehicles used to transport drugs, testing equipment, etc., need branding and most artwork can be delivered over the internet and usually one person sometimes two depending on wrap and size of the vehicle are needed. If you close your shop down another will stay open to capture the business. Stay healthy an be safe.

SameDay Signs

Aren't sign and printers essential to the healthcare industry. Signs will need to be made for directing the public. Printers need to print for medical packaging. I think the state wants more of the retail sector to shut down, so you have fewer people congregating in one space at close distances. Even car wrappers have reason to stay open. Vehicles used to transport drugs, testing equipment, etc., need branding and most artwork can be delivered over the internet and usually one person sometimes two depending on wrap and size of the vehicle are needed. If you close your shop down another will stay open to capture the business. Stay healthy an be safe.
I have been printing coronovirus stickers for labels, hospitals as well as virus ribbons and such for a week straight..i agree they gotta be open to direct and get signage

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
COVID-19 has a substantially higher fatality rate than the seasonal flu. I guess it just bears repeating this fact: if coronavirus infections scale to the proportion of infections of seasonal flu we will see hundreds of thousands of Americans die from it, if not millions. If Gavin Newsom says 25 million Californians may get it that could mean 250,000 to 500,000 deaths just in that state alone. That's just using a 1%-2% mortality rate.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
The South Korean government was able to do some things that would be unthinkable here in the US. In the early days of the outbreak the government peered very deep into the mobile phone networks to monitor the movements of those who were infected and identify anyone who came near or in contact with them. Then they imposed very strict quarantines. This was on top of them acting rapidly to scale up coronavirus testing to massive numbers. Some friends of mine and I were talking about the topic and I brought up the mobile phone surveillance South Korea did. A female friend tole me she would rather die than allow the government to be scanning her movements via her phone. I shrugged and said wait til this crisis gets more real. When things get desperate people and governments are willing to do all sorts of things.

TammieH

They are in a damned if you do damned if you don't situation. If strong measures are not taken and 40% of the population contracts the virus, what will that do to the economy? Not to mention the moral of the people that have lost their loved ones.

Its easy to second guess those we put in power to run our states and the country. Dislike them or not.

Big Rice Field

Electrical/Architectural Sign Designer
There is a general panic in the populace. More people die from regular influenza. More people are killed in traffic accidents, etc.
The advent of social networking has had a negative effect as fake news and bogus blogs and websites spread misinformation.
People lack critical thinking skills and do not do fact checks before posting or passing along baloney.

Ignorance is bliss? Not in this case.

Being that most people are deathly afraid of COVID-19, the government is acting in their interest and it is better to err on the side of caution.

Attachments

• Circle the Wagons COVD-19.jpg
    Circle the Wagons COVD-19.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 140
Last edited:

Big Rice Field

Electrical/Architectural Sign Designer
They are in a damned if you do damned if you don't situation. If strong measures are not taken and 40% of the population contracts the virus, what will that do to the economy? Not to mention the moral of the people that have lost their loved ones.

Its easy to second guess those we put in power to run our states and the country. Dislike them or not.

WildWestDesigns

More people die from regular influenza. More people are killed in traffic accidents, etc.

I see a picture that you attached and for some reason I feel the urge to play Oregon Trail (a game from which I "died" of dysentery many times in my youth).

As to what's in quotes, there are far more lethal diseases that people can get as well.

Life in general is far more fragile then people would like to think (especially the younger generation, which is to be expected to a degree).

I'm not trying to mitigate, just sometimes perspective is lost on some things. And we have survived a long time based on listening to fear, it's a hard instinct to move away from.