• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sorting my Cutting job - how?

MAXX

Hi,
i have a problem with the order of cutting my plot-job.
if i send my plot to rip-manager, it does'nt cut one after another, it cuts parts of signs and letters at the beginning, than it winds forward and cuts another letter on the back of the vinyl.
So i lose much time by transporting vinyl back and forth. Also at huge digital prints with a cut-contour i lose the precision, because of the ways, that the vinyl has to take.

My Plotter is a Graphtec FC 8600-160, there is a function to sort the file before cutting, but it does'nt work correctly and it takes time at big jobs.

I have recognized, that the cutting-order is like i have worked on parts of the job. How can i avoid, that my jobs were processed with that back and forth exercise? i dont want that gym-course at cutting jobs :banghead:

hopefully i explained it understandable, i'm german :rolleyes:

Gene@mpls

In my older version it is in Cut/Plot> advanced settings> Optimize cutting order> then set how far you want the job to process at a time in inches

MAXX

Hey,
thx for your answer!

it is set at plot preferences, but actually i did'nt set this flag at contour-cut also! :covereyes: i have to check that.

but what is the meaning from choosing inches (or mm) for that flag?

thx
MAXX

Gene@mpls

If it is set at 12 inches- it should cut the 1st 12inches, and then move on to the next 12 inches- etc.

timgo

Graphics Designer
error in your printer/cutter software..

Hi,
i have a problem with the order of cutting my plot-job.
if i send my plot to rip-manager, it does'nt cut one after another, it cuts parts of signs and letters at the beginning, than it winds forward and cuts another letter on the back of the vinyl.
So i lose much time by transporting vinyl back and forth. Also at huge digital prints with a cut-contour i lose the precision, because of the ways, that the vinyl has to take.

My Plotter is a Graphtec FC 8600-160, there is a function to sort the file before cutting, but it does'nt work correctly and it takes time at big jobs.

I have recognized, that the cutting-order is like i have worked on parts of the job. How can i avoid, that my jobs were processed with that back and forth exercise? i dont want that gym-course at cutting jobs :banghead:

hopefully i explained it understandable, i'm german :rolleyes:

Remove the print,cut software and install it again.

woolly

As you said the cutting is done in the order you created them.
Graphtec sort is looking for the nearest next loop start from the finished of the one being cut in the across direction. So will lead to unexpected results as it tries to reduce the feed back and forth
For large cutting lengths use as many pinch rollers as you can. Slow down the cutting and upspeed speed and reduce the acceleration which on your graphtec is the quality command
Normally it's the quick change of speed and direction causes media slip on the rollers
8ft x 4ft of laminated material weighs quite a lot when moving about quickly