• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SOS mimaki damper and pump problems

blackraven

i have a mimaki cjv30-160 and i was havien problems printing yellow it didnt print a single drop so we changed the dampers for both yellow inks and then we found that the tuding for the pump was torn and blown out so we fixed that issue and the pump is working fine but the yellow ink wont fill up in the damper unit it has little to no ink in in the damper what could the issue be we did all the soaks ink pumps charges everything we could do and the printer is well maintained but this is messing up 5 of our sail because it wont print any yellow at all. if anyone can help it would be greatly apriciated

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your troubles. Here are the steps I'd suggest:

1. Put machine into Service Mode (Boot machine holding the FUNCTION & REMOTE keys)
2. Go to #TEST => INK CARTRIDGE => CARTRIDGE VALVE
3. Hit FUNCTION to open all valves
4. Carefully remove the yellow damper from the Head, invert it upside down and press in the "button" on its side. The Damper should start filling up with ink and air bubbles should be bled out the bottom (which is now facing upwards). Repeat for the other yellow. BE VERY CAREFUL OF DRIPPING INK!

If ink does not fill the Damper then you either have bad Cartridge Valves, or your cartridges are empty - Doh! All going well, proceed to steps below:

5. With Valves still open, connect a syringe to one of the two lines beneath the Capping Station. Pinch off the other pump line with hemostats or something similar.
6. Pull a good 20cc of ink into the syringe. Remove syringe, reconnect pump lines and end out of the INK CARTRIDGE menu.

Note if your syringe only pulls air in the above step then the Cap is probably not sealing against the head and needs to be replaced.

Give us a call if you need a syringe or any parts. 617-903-7024. Good luck.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I'd also say that if your pump had tubing falling apart then you have an aftermarket pump. I have seen problems firsthand a dozen times now on aftermarket pumps and have not once in over ten years seen an aftermarket pump for a Mimaki last more than a year. Yet for some reason an original OEM Mimaki pump easily lasts 3 to 5 years....