• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Source for hollow bolts?

signbrad

Has anybody seen these in the US?

Stainless hollow screws.

s-l640.jpg

signbrad

what are you using them for?

Cheap hanger for wire cable. To hang a cable from, say, the flange of a beam. If I use a cap nut or acorn nut with a hole drilled in it on the bottom side, it could have a finished look, too.

Maybe not worth the trouble. We use kits, now: A cable with fittings at both ends.

signbrad

Check eBay. What do you use these for? I couldn't follow what you were explaining but am curious.
I thought of using these as one way to mount hanging signs with thin cable (wire rope), using the hollow bolt as an anchor at the top end of the cable. I may use the drill press to make a couple of prototypes. I can post a picture. Of course, it may not be practical.

OhioSigns

Not sure about stainless but titanium ones are used on sprint cars in the racing world if you can find a racing dealer near you that deals with sprint car stuff.

OhioSigns

I've seen racers chuck them up in lathes and run a drill through them if you can't find any. I'm not completely sure that titanium ones are available as gun drilled, I know I've seen them with just the head scalloped out to save a bit of weight. Like the ones JBurton posted the steel ones are available as hallow bolts though.