Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Source for "plug replacement" (ink adapter/cart rubber seal)

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by artbot, Oct 13, 2018.

1. artbot

artbot Very Active Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Houston TX
    I'm diagnosing an air leak on a recently purchased/used VJ-1617 and I believe I've isolated the air leak to the adapters (similar ink set up 1638, 1324, and 1638).
    I got one "plug replacement" error upon a recent boot. My assumption is all of the plugs are old.
    I can't find a source to purchase these.
    Any recommendations?

Also, any input on air leaks that this ink system is prone to would be great. Perhaps it's not the plug. I have one adapter that I can move to any position and vacuum ink flow.

Tags:
  2. unmateria

unmateria Member

Nov 30, 2017
    zaragoza
    Just reset usage stats on the plotter (motor, pump, etc)

3. unmateria

unmateria Member

Nov 30, 2017
    zaragoza
    Sorry, press left, right and Up while power Up. Choose init counter and look for that "plug". Only reset that!

4. jcskikus

jcskikus Owner, Designer & Installer

Jun 28, 2010
    Toms River, NJ
    Mutoh no longer puts in the adapter plugs with their bagged inks. If ordering from Fellers, Hyers, etc., ask for the plug. My production person up at my second job decided she didn't want to replace them after going over preventive maintenance several times with me and a technician. After losing red then yellow ink (drop outs), they called a technician to find out that she never replaced them in the 3 months since I last was in the office. Always replace them every bag or at the very least every other bag change. That was a $500 lesson the company had to eat.