• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Source for "plug replacement" (ink adapter/cart rubber seal)

artbot

I'm diagnosing an air leak on a recently purchased/used VJ-1617 and I believe I've isolated the air leak to the adapters (similar ink set up 1638, 1324, and 1638).
I got one "plug replacement" error upon a recent boot. My assumption is all of the plugs are old.
I can't find a source to purchase these.
Any recommendations?

Also, any input on air leaks that this ink system is prone to would be great. Perhaps it's not the plug. I have one adapter that I can move to any position and vacuum ink flow.

unmateria

Sorry, press left, right and Up while power Up. Choose init counter and look for that "plug". Only reset that!

jcskikus

Owner, Designer & Installer
Mutoh no longer puts in the adapter plugs with their bagged inks. If ordering from Fellers, Hyers, etc., ask for the plug. My production person up at my second job decided she didn't want to replace them after going over preventive maintenance several times with me and a technician. After losing red then yellow ink (drop outs), they called a technician to find out that she never replaced them in the 3 months since I last was in the office. Always replace them every bag or at the very least every other bag change. That was a $500 lesson the company had to eat.