• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Source for vinyl for small projects

Miliani

Hello,
I have a few small vinyl wrapping projects that I want to do as I work up to wrapping a boat. Can you recommend sources for vinyl wrap that are reputable and offer reasonable pricing? It looks like a lot of the online places want you to create an account and login for pricing and I wasn't sure if that was worth doing with multiple vendors just to get pricing. Are there sponsors of this forum or preferred vendors I should start with? Thanks

Sky Bryan

I like LED's and wraps.
For a newbie I recommend Grimco they have little 10 yard rolls of Avery wrap vinyl 60" wide.

netsol

you would be better off to go to fellers and harbor sales in maryland

once you setup account they will provide you sample qty's of ANY of their products.

they deliver free with i believe no minimum (assuming you are in their delivery area)

i have had them deliver a $6 roll of application tape

i tend to think grimco (a giant in the industry) will scare you off.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Honestly, this is a forum for actual sign shops and not hobbyists. Did you read the requirements when joining ??

rvolkers

Honestly, this is a forum for actual sign shops and not hobbyists. Did you read the requirements when joining ??
who are you to say! - the head does not say SIGN SHOPS! - IT SAYS SIGNS! and even so nothing wrong with asking a question that could BE BASED ON HIM HAVING A SIGN SHOP! - NO NEED TO BE A VINYL nazi!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You're serious, huh ??

The main heading here:

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals​

This OP is a taker, a wannabee and can never contribute a blessed thing.

Who am I to say ?? NOBODY, but you can tell from the point of his entering this site til today, by reading his profile, like you did mine, he is a hobbyist and that is not allowed in this place. Period.

Doesn't matter much to me, but rules are rules. Otherwise, this place would be called signs 101 playground for wannabees and friends.

The administration looks kindly on people who help maintain this place, not tear it down.

To refer to me as a nazi, is really ridiculous......... :roflmao:

who are you to say! - the head does not say SIGN SHOPS! - IT SAYS SIGNS! and even so nothing wrong with asking a question that could BE BASED ON HIM HAVING A SIGN SHOP! - NO NEED TO BE A VINYL nazi!

rvolkers

You're serious, huh ??

The main heading here:

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals​

This OP is a taker, a wannabee and can never contribute a blessed thing.

Who am I to say ?? NOBODY, but you can tell from the point of his entering this site til today, by reading his profile, like you did mine, he is a hobbyist and that is not allowed in this place. Period.

Doesn't matter much to me, but rules are rules. Otherwise, this place would be called signs 101 playground for wannabees and friends.

The administration looks kindly on people who help maintain this place, not tear it down.

To refer to me as a nazi, is really ridiculous......... :roflmao:
if you look carefully at all the listings

rvolkers

if you were to click on the site logo it will tell you what to find on this site - there are numerous headings IE: wraps - embrodery - vinyl and ect MANY subjects to be found and commented on this site - and while i do not understand WHY you would bust that guys chops over a WRAP QUESTION which tells me he is not a hobbiest and even so what! - anyway just an observation from someone who does not mind helping other learn!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It tells you, if you are a member or Premium member. Not a hobbyist.

Membership at Signs 101 is open to any individual, company, supplier, student or educator who is, has been, or wants to be engaged in sign making as a way to earn a living. We are a community of professional sign makers, and those who want to be, who share information intended to improve our abilities and our businesses.

If this description does not fit describe you, please email us before registering with information as to who you are and why you want to join our community.

How to Register

The answer is pretty straightforward IMHO ..... just click on the link titled Register, which is circled in red in the screen shot, and then follow your way through the registration form that will be displayed.

Once you fill it out, click on the Submit button.

You then will receive an autoresponder generated email which contains an Activation Link.

Then, there's this:

Welcome to Signs 101! We are a community of professional sign makers and others interested in our craft. If you are, once were, or want to be a professional sign maker, we invite you to join us. If you are a supplier to our craft, a teacher or student interested in the craft, or a member of a related craft, trade or profession, we also invite you to join us. Registering will allow you to post, view images and search our archives.

If you are making or are seeking to make signs and graphic products for your own needs, you have entered a community where you are not welcome. Please do not attempt to register.

Last edited:

rvolkers

It tells you, if you are a member or Premium member. Not a hobbyist.

Membership at Signs 101 is open to any individual, company, supplier, student or educator who is, has been, or wants to be engaged in sign making as a way to earn a living. We are a community of professional sign makers, and those who want to be, who share information intended to improve our abilities and our businesses.

If this description does not fit describe you, please email us before registering with information as to who you are and why you want to join our community.

How to Register

The answer is pretty straightforward IMHO ..... just click on the link titled Register, which is circled in red in the screen shot, and then follow your way through the registration form that will be displayed.

Once you fill it out, click on the Submit button.

You then will receive an autoresponder generated email which contains an Activation Link.

Then, there's this:

Welcome to Signs 101! We are a community of professional sign makers and others interested in our craft. If you are, once were, or want to be a professional sign maker, we invite you to join us. If you are a supplier to our craft, a teacher or student interested in the craft, or ("a member of a related craft, trade or profession, we also invite you to join us"). Registering will allow you to post, view images and search our archives.

If you are making or are seeking to make signs and graphic products for your own needs, you have entered a community where you are not welcome. Please do not attempt to register.
YUUP
you are right then there is this!
Welcome to Signs 101! We are a community of professional sign makers and others "interested in our craft". If you are, once were, "or want to be a professional sign maker", "we invite you to join us". If you are a supplier to our craft, "a teacher or student interested in the craft", or a member of a related craft, trade or profession, we also invite you to join us. Registering will allow you to post, view images and search our archives.

i have to ask how did you get started? - i have been in the business for over 30 years - it started out for me as a hobby and moved into a career - we all have to start somewhere do we not! and as the post you suppplied indicated -
("a member of a related craft, trade or profession, we also invite you to join us")
- anyway enough of this for me!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Last one for me, too. Professionally, almost 52 years, but all total, 60 years.

I take it from your recent responses, you either don't read well..... or you have trouble comprehending what you can read. That's alright, we all hafta start somewhere, like you mentioned.

gnubler

Good work, man.

"VINYL nazi" lol
The one word that, grammatically, should be capitalized...wasn't. Whatta maroon!

Miliani

No sweat, there is a guy like this in every forum. Thank you to those of you who helped me and Gino, well sorry if I made you feel threatened or created a hostile forum environment. I truly aspire to be as awesome as you one day. Have a great weekend!

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
There are plenty of wholesale sources that will print and ship you custom wrap vinyl. We don't offer wrap vinyl here at FireSprint.com, but many of our competitors do. The big ones all have numbers in their names.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
No sweat, there is a guy like this in every forum. Thank you to those of you who helped me and Gino, well sorry if I made you feel threatened or created a hostile forum environment. I truly aspire to be as awesome as you one day. Have a great weekend!

Believe me, you are no threat to anyone. Mainly, because you can't follow rules or policies, so I highly doubt you'll ever give a real customer, other than yourself, a good product.

Try coming into the forum honestly and tell us how you want to learn to be a sign-person and we'll help you. Try to help yourself by learning and being honest and we'll give ya the shirt off our backs, but doing it the way illegals are pouring over the southern border..... and you're bound to get resistance.

My weekend is just right. I hope yours is, as well. How'd that motor wrap go ??

netsol

For a newbie I recommend Grimco they have little 10 yard rolls of Avery wrap vinyl 60" wide.
since he mentioned "SMALL PROJECTS" you realize the "little rolls" 150 sq ft of vinyl (at grimco prices) & he would have to ask to be assigned a salesman & beg with a tin cup (like a fugitive from oliver twist) for a discounted price on every order. i am sure you are trying to be helpful, but, i think sending him to grimco dooms him to failure UNLESS his goal is to accumulate $5000 worth of leftovers as quicky as possible.

you may find your best bet for small quantities is ebay. there are several sellers who give you a choice of 10 or 20 colors (small sq. footage)

ALSO, don't be afraid to use the "ask seller a question" feature

ALWAYS FRAME YOUR QUESTION "if you have X could you list it, or make me a personl listing" or the ebay system will thinkmyou are breaking the rules & ban you "for life"

you may pay aslightly higher price pervsq. ft, but, you won't end up buyng 150 sqft of vinyl if you need 6 sq ft

Sky Bryan

I like LED's and wraps.
Grimco sells by the yard here in Canada. I just like 10 yards minimum for better price break and extra material for future projects. I offer 6 year warranty on all my wraps so I would only ever use 3M, Avery or Orajet vinyl.

BigNate

Grimco sells by the yard here in Canada. I just like 10 yards minimum for better price break and extra material for future projects. I offer 6 year warranty on all my wraps so I would only ever use 3M, Avery or Orajet vinyl.
I just checked - Grimco sells by the yard here in the States too....