• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sourcing 50" Banner Material

Ryan M

Has anyone had any luck sourcing 13oz gloss banner material with a width of 50"? Any suggestions or referrals would be great!

Thanks!

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Never seen the need for that size, since 54" is readily available everywhere.

Ryan M

Never seen the need for that size, since 54" is readily available everywhere.
I guess we need a bigger printer then. 54" will work in our printer (according to specs) but the printer head snags on the edges and causes smudging.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I guess we need a bigger printer then. 54" will work in our printer (according to specs) but the printer head snags on the edges and causes smudging.
What printer? Does it not have media clips to hold down those edges?

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
A lot of places will slice down the roll to your requested size for no charge. Nearly all of our suppliers offer this service.
Perhaps it's time to ask around.

letterman7

I've never had an issue feeding my 1204 with 54" material. It won't print that far, of course, but it works just fine. If the head is snagging on the lead edge (closest to the maintenance station) you'll need to set your head height to 'high'. Rolling some off the roll as it prints so the printer isn't pulling directly from the roll also helps.