• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP-300 0040 error

Bodyman007

After replacing a head and the encoder strip I did the limit position initialize, OK, Went to the linear encoder setup and get the 0040 error?

CS-SignSupply

Overcurrent, excessive load on Scan motor. Any other errors pop up?

Could be a number of things....

Any errors previously? Used machine? What is the history?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
When you did the limit position did it say "INITIALIZE COMPLETED"? I would turn off the machine and move the head to the left side of the printer then turn it back on. The head should move slowly back to the capping area. If the head moves all the way to the capping area and locks into place and then gives you the error, most likely the issue is the head is not unlocking which is causing the heavy load to be put on the motor.

Bodyman007

VanderJ did what you said now I get 0101 error The scan motor has 1018 hrs. Bought it used knowing it might need 1 or both heads. Before I changed the head, I did a test print, nothing on the right head, hoping with some cleaning that the left head will print. I got no error messages until I changed the encoder strip and head. The Machine was completly unplugged during the repairs.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Error 0101 is a limit position error. Try doing it again. It sounds like the motor is still working fine. It is pretty rare that a motor fails although not impossible. As far as the head not firing it could be that you haven't been able to pull ink into it or a fuse is blown. It's hard to know on a used machine that you don't have a history with. Once you get the head moving you should try to pull ink through the head from the cap top. If you can do that and it still doesn't fire, it's most likely a fuse.

Papajo

First when the machine says "Move to cap pos" you need to have the print carriage and cut carriage stuck together and locked (meaning that if you push the carriage to the left it should not move).

Then you press enter the machine says "Setting up the limit". You press enter once again and the cut carriage should separate from the print carriage.

The machine says "Setting up cutter down pos", you have to take the cut carriage to the left until you can't go farther and press enter. After that you should be done with limit position initialize.

If you still have scan motor errors you should note the position where the carriage stops and see if nothing blocks the carriage at this position. Move it by hand to feel if there is anything wrong with carriage movement at this location.

Bodyman007

What keeps the printhead to the right side when disconnecting? Mine does not separate, the whole assembly move 3 inches the shuts down. What locks the printhead?

Papajo

There is a lock on the right side of the machine. You can hear it if you move the carriage slowly from the left to the right near the capping position. You'll hear a little "click". You have to stop at this precise position otherwise you'll unlock the carriage. Just move very slowly and stop on the click, push the carriage to the left, it should be blocked.

Bodyman007

Is there any adjustment for the lock, it does not hold very well, The magnet between the cutter and head is stronger than the lock.

Papajo

You have to stop exactly on the lock otherwise the carriage will unlock. When you hit enter on "move to cap pos" the two carriages have to be stuck together and locked. Unless you don't manage to lock the carriage you won't be able to make the limit position initialize properly. You have to move the carriage veeery slowly from the left to the right and stop exactly on the click, then check that the carriage is properly locked by pushing it to the left.