• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help SP-300 and USB in Windows 10

Lobo

I'm trying to use VersaWorks Dual in Windows 10 with an SP-300.
According to my sales person, Roland says that this is possible.

My problem is that the USB port doesn't show up when the program starts. I can only choose TCP/IP.

The printer is installed according to Windows 10.

My feeling is that the USB driver isn't installed, and that the printer isn't available to VersaWorks when it starts.

Has anyone been here and gotten it to work correctly?

Thanks in advance

/Toby

LFC911

According to the documentation i have, VWD is compatible with the following...

SOLJET Pro 4 XR-640
SOLJET EJ-640 printer
TrueVIS VG/SG series printer/cutters
VersaCAMM® VS-640i/540i/300i and SP-540i/300i
VersaStudio® BN-20
VersaEXPRESS™ RF-640
VersaUV LEC-540/330, LEF-20/12 and LEJ-640/640FT

Do you have an SP300 or SP300i? If the former, i don't think it will work.

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
If it's a usb connection, then its a 300v. 300i is an ethernet connection. Also, Roland didn't update the USB driver for Windows 10, so unless you can get it to run in some sort of compatibility mode (I don't know how to do this and am not sure if it can be done or not), you'll have to downgrade to an XP machine - the last OS that had a USB driver for the SP-300v.

Lobo

Thanks.
I am running it from an XP machine today. I want to upgrade though, but I realize it is not possible.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If you right click on the software icon and then go to properties, you can find the compatibility options. I usually go with Windows XP Service Pack 3 and then check the Run As Administrator box. Save and then re-open.

WildWestDesigns

you'll have to downgrade to an XP machine - the last OS that had a USB driver for the SP-300v.

Or run it in a VM, so everything else can be modern. At one time, for Win 7 Pro or Ultimate machines could actually have gotten a VM of XP for free.

This is what I do for equipment that is only viable on the 9x series of Windows OSs (I use Win 98).

Jim Hill

I also had the exact same problems with my SP-300 only being able to run using XP

I converted my SP-300 to an SP-300V which then allows you to run windows 7 through 10
It's not hard to do but you will need to purchase a copy of VersaWorks software which you can find on E-Bay

The only reason I am still using windows 8 instead of windows 10 was because when windows 10 first came out I could not find any updated drivers for things like my scanner or ink jet printers so I switched back to windows 8

My SP-300V works like a charm and I have also replaced the heads and many other parts on the machine and even thought it was new back in 2005 it works perfectly!!!