• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sp-300 driver installation fail, please help

ramon

im using windows xp. Got a used roland sp-300 when I try installing the I get a prompt, "The Roland SP-300 Printer Driver cannot be added because the driver module is in use. Please close all applications, restart windows and try the install again." I go to task manager and there are no running apps under application tab. I read another thread which he finally got it installed but didn't share the solution. can someone please assist me? I also have windows vista & 7 is there any possible way of running this printer any of these computers?

Jim Hill

SP-300 questions

I recently upgraded from using windows XP to a new computer with 16gb using windows 7

I ran into the exact same problem you are having once I realized there are no windows 7 drivers for my SP-300

The simple solution is I decided to keep using my old computer with XP just for the Roland SP-300 printing.

I purchased a switch from Comp USA that let's me switch between both computers. I only use one monitor and It really is not that much of a pain to do once I got used to it.

The SP-300 always ran fine using windows XP and really the only reason I upgraded was the old computer only had 2gb but just for running the printer alone that is plenty.

I also purchased my SP-300 in early 2010 and it runs perfectly and I am so happy with it.

Jim Hill

Tony McD

Hey Jim....I had to order the newer versaworks disk from Roland to install the driver for windows 7 so it shows up in the printer list from Corel.
For some reason, versaworks won't update enough to install it without the new disk.