• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sp-300 not printing after head replacement

nikelson

Hello Everybody,
I am using Roland Versacamm SP-300V for maybe 3 years. I have manually removed the heads for cleaning already two or three times, but when I did it yesterday the printer didn’t want to print. Here is what I did and what happened:
After I switched off the power removed both heads, cleaned them with solvent cleaner and then put them back. After this I made cap alignment, thermistor check and when I went to head alignment I saw that the black/cyan head is not printing. Tried to pump up ink and head cleanings - there was ink in the head, but it was not printing. Changed the flexible cables between the two heads, but there was no difference. Then I changed the cables that are coming from the board and put the flexible cables that were going in the magenta/yellow head into cyan/black and it was printing only black now. That should mean that the head is OK. Then I removed the board to have a closer look, I supposed that the problem is in it, but saw nothing wrong and put it back. And after this my Roland does not print at all – the yellow/magenta head also stopped.
I called the techs, but they told me that have to see the printer first, now they have a lot of work, and can come to my town next month.
If you have any idea where the problem may be I will be very grateful.
Thank you in advance, if necessary my email is nikelson@abv.bg

marleyjoeb

Having the same issue with the same printer...I soaked heads, ran fluid through them with syringe. now no ink printing on either head...I was told since I pulled cables off head without unplugging from the wall that I may have blow the fuses...Checked fuses and sure enough, blown. I soldered in new and still no printing...At a loss, keep me posted.

nikelson

we disconected the two flat wires connecting the print head board and the main board on CN10 and CN9 and the fuses still burn, now we are tring to determine the cause of if

Actualy only the fuse on head 0 is shorting out so we are tracing it down

will post when got sometning new

if someone has any sugestion please let us now

AND we swiched the fuses with glass tube fuses - it's easier to change by far

nikelson

SW Power board is not the problem

as it's only job is to supply 41 volt to the system

so no the problem is not there but thanks anyway

nikelson

Just found transistor that is down: 2sc4131
I can't find it anywhere in Bulgaria.
Does any one knows where can I find it from?