• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sp-300 not printing at all

stillhasdust

OK I have a SP-300 that is not printing at all. I get good ink delivery meaning I can syringe ink from the cartridge to the train tube with no problem. Both fuses check out good. I have done medium cleanings and syringing the ink to the heads and it still doesnt print. What should I try next?

ova

Did you pull the ink thru the capping stations? Remove the hoses from the pump and pull from there.

Also check your waste bottle. If it's full, you might be losing ink because of a bad seal.

Dave

ova

Could be either a bad contact with the flex cable to the heads or even a break in one of the wires. Or worst case a problem with your main board.

Might check to see if the connection at either end of the cable has come loose. [unplugged]

This is straight from the service manual for the sp300v. Section 6-2.

Dave

stillhasdust

I have reset every cable. The cables coming from the head to the head board were beat up pretty bad so I got those coming in. It has to be something electrical because not even one nozzle print.

Wheeler

Capping stations sealing good? Bad cap stations wont draw ink. SP has been around awhile so might be time to change those.

Capping stations seal to heads and the pump vacuums the ink to the heads, Pump is after the capping stations. So if the capping stations are not sealing then the pump cannot draw ink. ( I hope that makes sense).

JRSdecals

Definitely electrical. He said he can draw from the caps with a syringe so sounds like they are sealed fine. Possibly print carriage board or main board.

stillhasdust

Yeah I tried the new cables and stil nothing. I am not sure what to think now. I am 10000% sure it is not ink delivery. It is not the pump,caps,dampers,heads,or anything like that. Does anybody know the next step I would need to take?

btw both fuses are good for sure.

Andrew O

Merchant Member
Feel free to give tech support a call at (800) 542-2307 (press '2') and I am sure they can help diagnose your problem.