• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP-300 not printing CYAN and BLACK ink

allicatgraphics

My printer has been working great until 2 days ago. I went to print on canvas and only yellows, reds and oranges printed. I didn't have a ton of time to mess with it until today. first thing i thought was to pull ink through the heads, worked fine and got black/cyan ink. So I went to test print (duh why didn't i do that first) but printed yellow and magenta but NO cyan or black. Looks like the head isn't working. Anyway ever experience this or know where to start to correct the issue. Thanks!

Robert M

Roland head

Checjk the fuse on the main board, you can search this site for more info
Shoot me an email and I'll get you the tech manual

Ken

Black and cyan are on the same print head.
I am curious on how you "pull" ink thru the head?
Thanks .
Ken

allicatgraphics

I was told that if the heads were "capped" you can disconnect the drain lines under the capping station and hook a syringe up to it. As you create suction with the syringe ink is pulled from the ink cartridges, through the lines, print head, capping station and into he syringe. The method can be used to unclog the print head. Maybe i misunderstood what my roland tech guy said, but it was explained as pulling ink through the head.

Mike_Koval

Could be a cable, fuse on board or print head....

If it is a fuse, I'm pretty certain F2 is the black/cyan. you will need a meter to check continuity. If that is good, next i would check the cables on the head...make sure they are seated properly. I've read some folks switching some cables across to the other head to determine if they are bad too...probably do a search here and find the procedure...

If those come back good, then unfortunately it might be time for new head

allicatgraphics

I'm planning on checking the fuse when i get back to the office. Where can they be ordered from? I figure I can't go to Radio Shack and get them there or can i?

Gabriel

Have you found it?

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 590

Gabriel

You're welcome! Hope that helps.
Also, check this JPEG!

Regards

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 365

allicatgraphics

I just did a continuity check with my meter. F2 was fine. I got nothing with F3. Can anyone confirm F3 is the fuse for Black and Cyan? Also, who would i contact to order them? thanks everyone!

Gabriel

Hello,

You can see in my 2nd post that F3 is the fuse responsable for that group. You will have to replace that fuse. Check out one of your local dealers.
Regards,

allicatgraphics

gabriel...thanks! another user mentioned F2 being black. I was just double checking so i didn't order something that wasn't right. I figured it was F3 but just wanted to be sure. Thanks again!

Gabriel

Hi again,

If you don't have a fuse or the dealer is far away from you or it takes long time until the fuse is getting to you, you can find a fuse with a similar value and make a "bridge" with the old fuse.
"The concept of a fuse is very simple. All parts of the printer have a rated power draw, rated in amperes. The fuse is simply a piece of wire smaller than that the rest of the circuit. It is designed to burn through when more amperage is going through than the fuse is rated. If we know our heads draw .5 amps in normal use then we can install a fuse rated at .75 amps. If 1 amp flows through the fuse, it will blow. This protects the other circuits in the printer from the potential short in this circuit."
Regards,

allicatgraphics

Hi Guys....well I got some fuses in and replaced F3. I printed a test and it looked good so i ran a small print. After that I enlarged it to what i needed and about 1/2 way through the print it didn't look right. I did another test print and no Blue or Black. Looks like it blew again. Any suggestions or ideas on what could be blowing the fuse? Thanks!

kirkbauguess

Did you have a head strike on the canvas? If you did, you could have shorted the head. Thats means new head. If not, do you have a/c in your shop. I didn't until recently. I had the same same problem with the same colors, just different type of Roland printer. High temp with high humidity, equals short on the main board. Hope that helps.