• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP-300 "ONLY" Black Color Has Lines Across It? Please Help!

njteaser

SP-300 gurus, I am in a jam here and cant figure this out. I have a SP-300 and all colors print fine except for black! All of a sudden everything and anything I print that has straight black in it has some sort of scan lines? or lines running through the black. All other colors look like tiny dots close up which is what they should be but the black has the horizontal lines. I cleaned the print head thinking something could be on there, didn't work. I haven't change anything in the software or hardware with this printer it just started happening all of a sudden. Now regardless of what I print, as long as there is black this happens. Please if anyone can shed some light on this let me know asap, I have jobs to print but am holding off hoping someone here has a simple fix for this.

Thanks in advance

NJ

J Hill Designs

blocked nozzles? hows the nozzle check print? could be any number of things mainenance related (caps, dampers, o-rings, etc)