• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sp 300 printing green tint

mikec265

It seems like when my sp-300 sits for a few days (usually when I run out of ink) it sometime has a green tint afterwards. I know there have been many related posts on this but I am looking for some clarification here.

From what I have read it is either the capping station, or a setting called black=cmy, or I may need to set a color profile.

I have had my printer for 8 months and have had this problem come and go 3 or 4 times.

I am using roland color rip.

Is there a way to test the capping station?

If I find the black=cmy setting on the printer and turn it off, can I still print full color signs with photos on them?

FrankW

Is there a way to test the capping station?

Open the metal cover below the parking position of the Head Carriage (3 screws), unplug the tube from the cap and try to pull with a syringe. If it feels like that you pull a vacuum without ink running into the syringe, something at the cap or the tube is blocked. If dragging the syringe is really easy without pulling ink, mostly the rubber of the cap top is worn out and you pull air instead of ink.

If you pull the syringe and ink runs into it after a few seconds, than the cap top seems ok.