• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sp-300 printing problem

jrc1282

hello everybody im having a problem with my prints and not sure how to fix them. when i print my file the far left side of the print looks faded like a banding or drop out issue. but the rest of the print is fine. ive attached a few photos of what its doing. if i print something smaller i have no issues. but somthing about 20" or larger is where i see it. this came out of no where and im lost.. any help would be great.

Attachments

• print prob.pdf
    52.9 KB · Views: 133

romichoux

hi,

I have solved this problem on a SP540V printer last week! Exactly the same problem.

I my case that was due to the carriage board just above printheads. It's not expensive and really easy to change.

It can also due to your ribbon cable from the carriage board to mother board. but generally it's due to the carriage board.
to replace this board, it's easy, switch off the printer (main and sub power), remove the power cable. push the power button in the front of your printer several times to discharge your printer.
then open the front cover and open the head bloc. you will see a board above print head. take off SMOOTHLY ribbon cables. take care do not damage the end au the cable and do not bend it. place the new carriage board and replace cable rebbon.

after that your print should be good!

before to change cables you can write on them to avoid to forget the right place (or the a picture before to take them off).

the spare part ref is :
N°: W8406050F0
Name: PRINT CARRIAGE BOARD SP-300
price: about 60 euros / 73 USD

You have to notice than you will have to change your print head soon. you can't get a good grey like this.

BlueDuck

I have had a similar problem.
For me it was an ink flow problem(cyan) on colour intensive prints. The ink flow could not keep up. In SETUP I simply slowed down the print speed, both the head speed and added a small pause (.5 sec)between passes. I probably need the dampers changed but it has been about 12 months now & have not got around to it yet. (The reduced output speed has not bothered me.)
-See also my previous post.