• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP-300 profiles

flamepainter

Hi!
First post here. I'm new to printing (but not to signmaking) and I need help. I just purchased a used machine and so far I love it! I would like to know what settings others have success with printing heat transfer (from specialty materials). Some colors are running (I've turned the heat off) and cuts seem jagged with 80gf- higher pressure is worse.
Also have some banner fabric I haven't tried yet. Have some pending orders I'd like to try the printer on.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Harrison

B Snyder

I use a modified version of my modified GVCP profile for Specialty Materials' Colorprint product so I can't help with the profile's color settings but I can say my temp settings are preheat 35c and dryer off and the feed calibration is .05.

You can try the Colorprint II profile here.
http://www.stahls.com/versacamm-media-profiles

bossdg

We like the MCVP profile for use with the Stahls' and Specialty Materials digital print products. Try the MCVP or LBV profiles for banner material both work great.

flamepainter

Thanks for that info. I will look into all of those things. I didn't even know there was a feed rate adjustment! When the tech was here to set it up, we got it printing well on oracal and I've left it there since. Only had it a month.

After a rocky start with a PC-12 two years ago, I was a bit hesitant. I really like this machine though.

Harrison

H2OK

on the cuts, make sure you have a 45 degree blade and a good one, also check the blade holder to make sure there is not slack in it. lastly check the blade depth , it shoule only be out about a 16th of an inch.

flamepainter

@H2OK....45 deg blade is in, less than 1/16 prodruding. What do you mean by slack? Wobble in the holder? The blade holder looks the same on my pnc 960 (on that one I have ALOT of the blade protruding with no issues). I think this must be just a pressure issue.

flamepainter

Ok pardon my ignorance but are those profiles in Versaworks? Because I have the older ColorRip software and I can't seem to find what was suggested.

Harrison

Farmboy

one suggestion. When your printing heat apply material cut it first, then print. I'm not sure if this is an option in ColorRip. It will help clean up your cuts.

newyork

I have a SP300 and versaworks and my prints come out great. It you're still having problems you can drop me a email and I'll see if I can help you as I sit in front of my machine tomorrow. I also have a very good tech support that may be able to answer questions as well. Drop me a line at dana.edmonds@va.gov and I'll see if I can help.