• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP-300 Question

Jim Hill

The media when placed directly under the pinch rollers appear to move about 1/8" inch when printing but once I look at the finish product the cut contour line around the object looks fine.

Should the media be tracking straight or does it move a little as it pass under the pinch rollers. The jobs seem to be coming out just fine.

I have the roll of Oracal sitting on the rollers and I am not using media clamps in the center of the roll.

My question if the pinch rollers were not holding down the media in the correct way would I receive an error message first or am I missing something else.

How much do new pinch rollers cost for a SP-300 and I would prefer to purchase them from another dealer then my local Roland dealer.

Thanks Jim

the signman

sp 300 pinch rollers

Hi, the only problem i have had with the rollers on the same machine is that the rubber tyres have come loose and this causes all sorts of problems,, take a close look and see how they are performing,, you can buy yhe wheels seperate cheap and anyway unlike the newer models its a bit of a task to change the complete unit,, the tyres are easy but they are beveled!!new wheels come with a dot marked on the side that goes to the outsides,, hope this helps.:banghead:

Chuck Olson

I have an SP-300V and I believe that your tracking problem is caused by a combination of the roll of material drifting on the rollers AND a loading mis-alignment.
I use the media clamps and the locking collars and I do not have that problem. Any time I have had a tracking issue it has always been either the roll of material wandering (locking collars not set snug to roll) OR a mis-alignment when the material was loaded.