• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP 300 Service Mode Help

geckophoto

I have a SP 300 and trying to go into service mode to replace the caps, it says to hit the left/right/down and sub power button together to enter the mode but when I do I get Service Mode Is Protected. What does this mean and how do I enter service mode?

Haven't printed in several months but do head cleaning and just a couple nozzles not firing perfect. I went to print a big graphic and about 2 inches into it the Magenta seemed to drop out and lost color, cartridge is full. I do a nozzle check and then several head cleanings, maintenance cleaning and I get the magenta back but then go to print again and it drops again like the cartridge is empty of Magenta. Thought I'd put new CAPS on and check dampers, maybe pull some magenta with a syringe into the damper or put in a new one too, but cant get into the service mode. Any ideas, thanks! Rob

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Hit the following buttons in order:

down, right, left, up, right, down, left

Then press and hold the following buttons while powering the machine on:

left, down, right

They changed the password a long time ago but never updated the service manuals.

Also, your issue is most likely a bad damper.

geckophoto

Thanks it worked. Now I will post help on all my other issues happening now with it! Having a bad day on this machine

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
I've had almost every issue you can over the years with my SP-300V's, so if I can assist, I will try.

geckophoto

After I put new caps in I did a test print to check nozzles and this strange print came out, two test prints at the same time and one was VERY small as you can see in the pic. I then shut machine down and rebooted and printed again Second Pic, then the small test pattern did not appear. Ever have this happen or know why it did? Maybe I was in service mode?

Attachments

• IMG_3380.JPG
    IMG_3380.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 100
  • IMG_E3381.JPG
    IMG_E3381.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 108

Zoogee World

After I put new caps in I did a test print to check nozzles and this strange print came out, two test prints at the same time and one was VERY small as you can see in the pic. I then shut machine down and rebooted and printed again Second Pic, then the small test pattern did not appear. Ever have this happen or know why it did? Maybe I was in service mode?
That's exactly it, you get the small one when in the service menu.

Zoogee World

That test print does look quite rough though. If cleaning aren't working to revive, the only other option before getting new heads, would be to attach a syring at the bottom of the cap top line and try to pull ink through, then do a cleaning and see if it brings back any of the nozzles.

geckophoto

That test print does look quite rough though. If cleaning aren't working to revive, the only other option before getting new heads, would be to attach a syring at the bottom of the cap top line and try to pull ink through, then do a cleaning and see if it brings back any of the nozzles.
Got new dampers coming soon, will try to pull some ink thru heads to see if I can recover any nozzles. I got a wide range of test patterns on nozzles before on test prints especially magenta as it was dropping color from prints. As a last resort if I cant get heads to print well, I'll pull them off and do a soak in cleaner before buying new heads, ( did that before when I got the machine, put two brand new heads in myself and they printed perfect). Guess thats what I get for not printing on a weekly basis!

Zoogee World

My suggestion for the future if your not using it on a regular basis is to pinch off the cap top lines and fill them with solvent so they can soak, or alternatively, do a normal cleaning daily and manual cleaning once a week, even if not using, that way it will stay in the best shape you can.

34Ford

Anyone please, I have tried to find a service manual for the SP-540i and I believe it also covers the SP-300i. Thank you.

geckophoto

My suggestion for the future if your not using it on a regular basis is to pinch off the cap top lines and fill them with solvent so they can soak, or alternatively, do a normal cleaning daily and manual cleaning once a week, even if not using, that way it will stay in the best shape you can.
I have done that to clean heads/soak several hours but when I try to print it usually lets one color back bleed into the damper and I have to print a bit to clear out the wrong color. But it usually prints fine after that. Is there a way to not have a color bleed back into the wrong side of the print head?

Zoogee World

I have done that to clean heads/soak several hours but when I try to print it usually lets one color back bleed into the damper and I have to print a bit to clear out the wrong color. But it usually prints fine after that. Is there a way to not have a color bleed back into the wrong side of the print head?
I would say your dampers would probably need replacing if that's the case, a lot cheaper then a head, lol.