• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP-300 to SP-300v

stillhasdust

I know this has been discussed in other threads but this deals with a problem that has yet to be resolved.

I have a sp-300 that I would like to run versaworks on. I flipped the dip SW 7 and it is shows that it is a SP-300v but then when I bring it to versaworks it shows that my ink sets are not compatible.

Things I have done to try to resolve the issue:

-Change inksets in the printer from ECO SOL MAX to ECO SOL then back to ECO SOL MAX.

-I have taken the battery out of the motherboard for over 24 hours (this didn't do anything, when I booted it back up it still had all of the info on the board, I was hoping it would clear the firmware and such)

-Set to factory defaults.

-Upgraded firmware from 6.2 to 7.1

-Tried on versaworks 2.1 - 4.0

Does anybody have any other ideas or input to help me with my situation?

Robert72

We've done the same with an SC-540. Now it reads SC-545EX but the Versaworks cannot detect the Ink Set. We turned on the Switch 7.

Should we also touch any dip on Service Mode??

Thanks,
Robert.

Robert M

Dip Switch

I think you need to go into the menu on the printer and change the ink set to Eco Sol Max

Robert72

Here also doesn't work the tech mode max ink select. Might it be related to the Versaworks software version?
I've tried with 1.2, 3, and 4.11

m303625

re sp300 to sp300v

can someone who has a sp300v please check their dipswitch settings as I suspect there is something more than just sw no 7 turned on!!!!
if you can print a service report in service mode the settings are reported
in a sp300 all dip sw are at 0
btw has anyone tried loading colorrip with windows 7 yet?
pretty much resigned to having to use colorrip anyway, seems to still do all that is required.
thanks in advance

GTSTech_1

No dip setting will change the serial number of the printer, which is the reason VW is not seeing the ink.....serial number no good with VW. Dongle Key for VW is only way for 1st gen printers.

My .02

GTSTech_1

DCaptDan

No dip setting will change the serial number of the printer, which is the reason VW is not seeing the ink.....serial number no good with VW. Dongle Key for VW is only way for 1st gen printers.

My .02

GTSTech_1

Yes... What he said. Once an SP-300, always a SP-300. Only a dongle copy of VersaWorks made for that machine will work. Although you don't have to re-install Versa, just plugging in the dongle will do it.

Rickey J

My .02

GTSTech_1

Changing the S/N# Will not work eaither. I have tried!

martfarm

Hi to change from sp300 to sp300v, first switch dim switch 7 to on when machine is unplugged. then restart machine in service mode, go tosystem switch in the menu, scroll through to page 10 should say 10000000 change it to 10000100 press enter then restart machine and then in versaworks you should now be able to add printer select the usb port verify and there you go sp300vvvvvvv.

Jim Hill

Eco Sol Max 3 inks upgrade

I see that when you order a New set of Eco Sol Max 3 inks from a Roland Dealer that there is a way to upgrade your printer without getting a tech involved to the New Eco Sol Max 3 inks

Right now there is a list or printers that this is available from Roland for but the SP-300V at this point is not one of the upgrade-able printers.

It does say more printers will be added in the future and I am hoping this just might be the solution for the SP-300V and how to change from Eco Sol ink to Eco Sol Max 3 inks.

Your can read about it on the Roland site.

Anyone else figure out a way to change the setting on an SP-300V from Eco Sol inks to Eco Sol Max inks yet?

Jim

Jim Hill

I just converted back to an SP-300 and Color Rip software

Since I could not figure out the problems with the ink sets I just converted back to my SP-300 and Color Rip software which is working perfectly again.

Until someone comes up with a solution for the Eco Sol ink problem or Roland adds the SP-300 to the New Eco Sol Max 3 ink sets with New firmware I will keep using Color Rip software which has never given me a problem.

I have the latest version of VersaWorks which I will keep just in case someone figures out the ink set problems.

Jim