• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP 300 V not making full cut?

geckophoto

I haven't done much cutting on my machine, just did some print/laminate then send it back for cutting. Some of the corners seemed to not have the cut path cut all the way thru...I had pressure about 90 and speed I think 30...was it set to cut too fast? I know I need to give a little more pressure did not get full cut thru on some parts but why does it not meet at the start/finish some time? Other parts just cut fine. This is a close up detail of my cut line, used the Cut Contour color and .25 stroke, brand new blade too, offset is 25. Any tips for me? Tnx!

Attachments

• Cutter.jpg
    Cutter.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 200

2ny

Hi.
You should doublecheck your offset, and also check calibration settings. Make a cut test to control that the offset is ok.
How is your print/cut calibration -do you hit the lines properly?
Also, when you make small stickers I find that it helps making the corners with a small curve instead of square/sharp cornes. The cut is much more smooth.

Good luck to you.
Tony

GTSTech_1

Make sure you have some value in the EPS Margin section of Versaworks, I set it up with .05. Looking at the picture, it could be a faulty bladeholder, the bearings inside can and do wear out and prevents the blade from turning.

My .02

GTSTech_1