Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sp 300 v not printing yellow

Discussion in 'Roland' started by joostio, Nov 17, 2010.

1. joostio

joostio Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Panick city here!

I recently bought a used machine from my Roland rep. The machine was serviced by the Roland dealer and had a print head replaced before I got it. I am still on my first set of ink cartridges. So far I have only had one problem, I had some media strike the print head causing some drop out. I did a test print weeks ago after the head strike and was quite upset, much more careful now. No other problems since then. Today I fired it up to do some printing and there was no yellow at all, I did a test print and there was absolultley no yellow on the test print, other colours are unchanged since the test print since the head strike. I checked the ink levels, it indicates enough ink to atleast have something. what do I do next? thanks folks, Of course I will talk to the rep tomorrow but I am wondering if anyone eher has any ideas. I did a few cleaning cycles with no changes. Thanks

Joost

Tags:
  2. joostio

joostio Member

Oct 5, 2007
    phew!
    working again, suspect airbubble. I cleaned the heads carefully and printed some stripps of yellow until it worked it self out. The yellow had some red in it but it cleared up. test print is good.

3. DRamm76

DRamm76 Member

May 17, 2007
    I see by now that you got this machine up and running, but was it in fact an air bubble? What type of ink is being used in the machine? Did you pour some cleaning solution in the capping station?

PM me if you need any additional assistance