• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sp 300 v not printing yellow

joostio

Panick city here!

I recently bought a used machine from my Roland rep. The machine was serviced by the Roland dealer and had a print head replaced before I got it. I am still on my first set of ink cartridges. So far I have only had one problem, I had some media strike the print head causing some drop out. I did a test print weeks ago after the head strike and was quite upset, much more careful now. No other problems since then. Today I fired it up to do some printing and there was no yellow at all, I did a test print and there was absolultley no yellow on the test print, other colours are unchanged since the test print since the head strike. I checked the ink levels, it indicates enough ink to atleast have something. what do I do next? thanks folks, Of course I will talk to the rep tomorrow but I am wondering if anyone eher has any ideas. I did a few cleaning cycles with no changes. Thanks

Joost

joostio

phew!
working again, suspect airbubble. I cleaned the heads carefully and printed some stripps of yellow until it worked it self out. The yellow had some red in it but it cleared up. test print is good.

DRamm76

I see by now that you got this machine up and running, but was it in fact an air bubble? What type of ink is being used in the machine? Did you pour some cleaning solution in the capping station?

PM me if you need any additional assistance