• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP-300 won't print anymore

croxenad

Hi,

Anyone who can help. I just purchased a used SP-300. I brought it home and hooked it up. (Computer came with it) Running Colorip 2.2 on Windows Vista. BTW I am a mac and this windows thing is very frustrating, so i'm sure that is part of my problem. Anyway....I successfully printed and cut my first digital print. It was set a draft and I wanted to see how it printed in high quality so i changed it to high quality. I printed the same file but the blue stopped printing. I ran the cleaning mode on the printer and still no blue. I ended up having to prime the blue damper. I now look like a smurf, but the blue now prints on a test print. I opened up the same file and tried to print it. Colorip opens - I can open the file - It sends it to the printing queue - but it never gets to the printer. Any suggestions? Is there anyway to print from my macbook pro?

thanks in advance, marianne

croxenad

OK. Figured it out. I had The Manual Print Layout Box checked. It only took me 8 hours to figure that one out.

But...I am still interested if anyone knows how to print and cut from a Mac!

marianne

Roland has a Mac Illustrator plugin to print directly to the VersaCAMM, though when I tried it I could never get the cut contour to work. And the colors were off from when I saved as an EPS and printed it through VersaWorks. So I always did my work on the Mac, saved as EPS and ripped through VersaWorks on the PC. It's a roundabout way, and involves a PC, but it worked.

Steve