• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sp-300

Jim Hill

How often do you replace your dampers and cap tops, and wipers.

Do you wait for something to happen or simply replace these parts every so many months?

My machine only gets used for about one hour every day at most.

I purchased this machine used about two years ago and other the general cleanings it has worked fine.

This machine has never used any other ink then Roland inks.

Thanks for your help. Jim

splizaat

I used mine a couple hours a day and for the last 6 months haven't replaced anything...I have extra cap tops and wipers here but was just going to wait until they were messed up to replace.

DRamm76

The older your machine gets, the more frequent you should be doing additional maintenance.

It's always good to get some new parts in there such as cap tops, blade holder, mist pad, maybe even a new damper. Couldnt hurt!

Jim Hill

Thanks for the quick reply.

I know everyone has their own favorite place to purchase new parts and I was just wondering if maybe you could share yours.

Being new to this should I only be purchasing Roland parts or are you using after market parts?

My SP-300 only uses Roland Ink.

Thanks for all the great advice.

Jim

CS-SignSupply-TT

Jim, CiberSupply is an authorized Roland dealer. We would be happy to help you with all of your Roland needs: inks, supplies, media, etc.

Tim

I own the same machine, and i let them go until there was a problem...another lesson learned the hard way. The parts you mentioned all protect the heads, and sitting is worse than constant use. They are all very inexpensive to replace. Whereas a head starts at $850.00. I now replace these parts at approximately 12 months, give or take.
I started doing it when I would do a powerful head cleaning. It only takes a few extra minutes, and is simple if you use the step by step instructions in the service manual.
All the Best