• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP-300i and MX graphics

pbgraphics

Hi everyone! This is my first post on Signs 101!
We are about to start producing MX graphic kits here in Finland. We just ordered a SP-300i printer/cutter and a Flexa laminator.
Do you have any tips/tricks for SP-300i? We'll be using Convex High bond 6mil + ProShield 12mil laminate..
Any spesific blades to use etc..? I'm just trying to figure out what we should know and what accessories to buy in order to get the best out of our Roland printer.
:thankyou:

frontside

I think you will have to spend extra money in a real cutter plotter because convex is too strong to cut with sp300 even if you're using a 60° blade and adjusting pressure and speed .

And if production is growing fast you will need this plotter aside because of course it can't print and cut in the same time and i guess you don't want to work 24/7 ??....

have fun in your projects ....

pbgraphics

Hi! Thanks for your quick replies.
I talked about this to my Roland dealer and they were convinced that the cutter will be able to cut our product.. But we will see what happens in real life.
It's true that we'll need a real cutter but hopefully just a bit later..

Bill43mx

We've had good results cutting that material combo using a new Clean Cut 60 deg. blade, 2 passes, speed 2, and 300 pressure. I know some guys are doing it with versacamms using only one pass but I've never had consistent results.