• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Software Help SP-300i not getting cut pressure from Versaworks 6.0.1

Jeremy W

Hello! I am having an issue with Versaworks not overriding the SP-300i's cut pressure setting. I had the printer at 120 gsm and then went through several cuts changing the cutting conditions settings in Versaworks, incrementally increasing the pressure, none of which changed the actual cut pressure. As soon as I changed the pressure at the printer, I achieved the results I needed. While this is a minor inconvenience, I would really like to be able to use Versaworks to set the pressure setting. I blow through many different materials in a day so I saved the individual cut settings to the profiles/queues in Versaworks so I didn't have to change it at the printer every time. With it not overriding the plotter, this just adds an additional step (albiet a minor step) to my workflow I'd like to eliminate.

I've seen other threads about the SP-series plotters having this issue with Versaworks. Has anyone found a workaround or a fix for this issue?

TLDR: Versaworks cut pressure settings are not overriding the hard settings at the SP-300i printer. Anyone know a fix?