• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP-300V alignment help please

DizzyMarkus

Evening folks-- lol morning for some :0)

Well after two years I seem to be having some serious issues with my SP300V. The print quality has been getting slowly worse, I really didnt notice until recently-- just thought I was getting some bad pics lol. I tried to do some print, lam, cut tonite and the cut was horrificaly off-- I did a test print for PRINT CUT ALIGNMENT and a BI-DIRECTIONAL also. Some of the test prints are "fuzzy" in some sections and I can not find any "clear boxs" on the bi-dir to tell it anything--- and the print cut -- scan side is grossly off also-- off the scale. I was hopeing someone could save me a service call and maybe have gone through this and might be able to offer some helping advice.

thanks greatly for any help-- as usual I have time sensitive jobs and this is killing me,

Markus

Attachments

• print cut adjustment test print.jpg
    print cut adjustment test print.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 134

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Print Cut Alignment: I would run the "encoder calibration" and "encoder setup" functions in the service mode first and then run the "environmental match" function in the user mode. Then run the automatic print cut alignment and then fine tune it with the manual print cut alignment(scale you printed already). Usually when I see the print cut off by so much, this helps a lot.

Print Quality: How does the nozzle check look? If the bi-directional alignment test pattern is too fuzzy to get a good reading, I'm assuming the nozzle check looks pretty bad. It should be very easy to see which pattern looks best. If not, the quality issues are most likely due to deflecting and/or missing nozzles.

cajun312

I had some alignment issues early this year, got nowhere using the adjustments in the regular menu, discovered the head bias adjustment in the service mode and that fixed my problem. The print/cut alignment in the service mode seems to work better than the regular menu also.

DizzyMarkus

crossing fingers -- heading to shop in a few to try some of the suggestions. Now I gotta find the post on service mode :0)

thank you guys greatly for responding,
Markus

DizzyMarkus

Wow, this is not turning out well --- I performed all the tests and such as listed above. O the test print for the print cut alignment has me concerned-- its super "fuzzy" in spots and in some spots looks like double vision :banghead: Anyhow heres the last test print

Markus

Attachments

• 20140730_183244.jpg
    20140730_183244.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 92

ova

Don't know if this will help, but years ago when I thought I wanted to push my sp300 out in the street in front of a moving truck, Bobby Fossen [sp] who is on here, suggested I try the Factory Default function. It's in the menu. Just scroll to it and hit enter. After ding this, you'll have to calibrate everything again. It sets everything back to zero.

I almost never use the machines calibration scale. I just print small boxes, do the print cut thing and adjustments as needed from there.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Dave

DizzyMarkus

Ty....I cleaned it both front and back with alcohol and fresh swabs...it seem to have gotten worse after doing that:banghead:

DizzyMarkus

Techs are telling me encoder strip also

anyone have a link to a you tube or some info on flipping the encoder strip?-- I have watched some but they are short and silent lol

thanks a ton for everyones help,
Markus

DizzyMarkus

Turns out it was dirty behind the head and carriage--- I had cleaned everything else with the printer off-- never thought about getting the rest in cleaning mode----PERFET lol thank you all for your help,time and suggestions,

Markus