• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP-300v black printing cyan

I have been having color problems with may roland. I did a test print and the black head is printing cyan. What could have caused this problem? How do I fix it?

strypguy

I could write a book on this problem. My experience has mostly been cross contamination from one ink cartridge to another. Sometimes as ink levels change there is a suction from one cart. to another. Basically one color is sucked up into the damper of another. I usually try a medium clean and if it's only alittle contamination that will do it. Otherwise I print solid blocks of the contaminated color until it cleans itself out. You can also use a syringe to pull out the contaminated ink if you are knowledgeable about the printer and how to do it.
Happens to me alot for some reason. I find that the best thing is to keep these printers PRINTING!!. If they are working then they'll be no contamination :). I have trouble if mine sits for days or a week when it's a slow time.
Could be other problems like bad damper or captops or capping station as well.

Hope this helps.

John

Robert M

cap top

cap top may be clogged up and the inks are crossing over from one channel to the other.

DRW

I had that same problem when I had that model, replaced the caps, issue was resolved.