• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP-300V Blowing F2 Fuse When Sub Power On

DRW

Was wondering if anyone ever ran into this problem, and any insight would be appreciated. I thought I was very informative about the way this machine runs, apparently not. Sorry for the long post, trying to include everything.

Roland SP-300V/Bought new/16 Months Old/Out of box. I have been printing great with this machine, my 3rd Versacamm. 2 weeks ago, the Yellow stopped printing. Then shortly after, while doing cleaning etc, Black stopped as well. Contacted Roland, they immediately stated I need a new head. Seeing as that is always the question, I had a Roland Tech come out. Replaced yellow damper/Syringed ink to create vacumn. Also noticed black ink cartridge leaking when pulled out and in. Replaced Ink cartridge. It then printed fine. Machine was unused for two days after that, fired up to print, again, no Yellow printing.

Tech again came out,created vacumn, it started printing yellow, but ran out quickly. Diagnosed further, noticed 2 cracked manifold stems, black on the left head, magenta on the right. tech then replaced both manifolds, both cap tops, all 4 dampers. Machine now printed fine, holding all ink, not running out of yellow, EXCEPT it was putting a YELLOW huelshadow on the graphic being printed, however, more on the Right of the graphic that had any RED/Yellow in it. It looked like the graphic had a yellow conotur cut around it is the best way to describe it. After printing several different graphics and doing cleaning and tests the YELLOW/MAGENTA head quit firing all together.

Tech Found out F2 fuse was blown, removed board, had fuse replaced/resoldered. (Ohm tested the F2 fuse and indeed it was blown blown.) Put board back in, fuse was blown as soon as soon as SUB power was on . Replaced F2 and F3 fuse with removable fuses, and as soon as the SUB-power is turned on, the fuse blows. We used process of elimination, that when the cable running from the Servo Board to the Main board is plugged in, it blows. When it is not plugged in, it does not blow, however a service call function comes on the screen not allowing any further actions for the machine to continue. (Also, the fuse blows regardless of the print head cables being in or not). Roland says it is the Servo board or the main board. However, I don't want to get another board and put it in, just to have the fuse blow again, and I don't want to buy both if I do not certainly need them.

Any insight wold be appreciated.

Disconnect ALL the cable card leading to the board. Start with good fuses on the board. One by one replace the cable cards until you have a blown fuse. REMEMBER to turn the power off before you unplug and re-plug each cable card! It's a deduction of which cable card is bad... most likely you have a badly seated cable card, this is a major cause of blown fuses. Keep replacing cards till you get to the head, if it blows at the head you may have a bad head, you can switch the cables from head 1 to head 2 and see if this blows the fuse...then it's a bad head ...again, UNPLUG the main power before you unplug and replug the cable cards. You'll need a few fuses, but it's cheaper than a board. The outline may just be a head alignment issue...just a guess you had a head crash that caused the issues.

DRW

To follow up, the mainboard had a bad conductor. 1900.00 for a new board. However, had all conductors replaced by a circuitry wizard, & cost me 350.00, for the fuses, parts and mostly Labor, due to the fact that it took so long to find the problem, as it is a multilayered board. Was back up and running, and still to this day. Have not blown one fuse. Beats paying 1900.00. I have since related numerous issuses like this to him, which he was able to fix.

craigdavisdesign

To follow up, the mainboard had a bad conductor. 1900.00 for a new board. However, had all conductors replaced by a circuitry wizard, & cost me 350.00, for the fuses, parts and mostly Labor, due to the fact that it took so long to find the problem, as it is a multilayered board. Was back up and running, and still to this day. Have not blown one fuse. Beats paying 1900.00. I have since related numerous issuses like this to him, which he was able to fix.

pass his/her name around. it may come in handy

rjp739

GRAPHICS
I fix this problem.
they need replace transistor.
it cost $10.00.
do not never contact your roland dealer.
they are fucxxing charge $2000 part. labor $300 and travel $60.00.
and part ......
anybody help send me mail
bulk ink(440mm is $60. print head is $630. damper $12.00., fuse is 96cent......)
I found all info...
Never buy roland dealer.

brainnew

Looking fuse for main board.

I fix this problem.
they need replace transistor.
it cost $10.00.
do not never contact your roland dealer.
they are fucxxing charge $2000 part. labor $300 and travel $60.00.
and part ......
anybody help send me mail
bulk ink(440mm is $60. print head is $630. damper $12.00., fuse is 96cent......)
I found all info...
Never buy roland dealer.

Hi,
My mainboard fuse blow, two color magenta & yellow not print out. Would you please direct where I should order the fuse. Thanks.
Brainnew

The "Shade Tree Mechanics" are always out there with the easy fixes for cheap..but they are not certified for Roland Warranty Service...and for good reasons!

Bish Display

Hey, just reading this old post and have the same symptoms. I was wondering how to test the transistor? or can you give the techs name that has fix this board for you?

Rich

Kendo

Hi Bish & others reading this post - had similar problems with my SP540 Yellow/Magenta head stopped printing - forum advice was "check the transistors" - had a tech wizard remove and check all transistors (all good) but then we found that one of the capacitors located next to the F1 & F2 fuses was outputing a different (lower) voltage. This incorrect voltage made a difference - Over time the head eventually stopped printing which in turn 'blew' the F1 fuse. Replaced fuses simply kept blowing. We had a 'circular' problem - the faulty capacitor damaged the head which blew the fuse. I had to buy a new head but replacing the capacitor & the fuse was a lot cheaper than buy a new main board.

Bish Display

forum advice was "check the transistors" and capacitor & the fuse was a lot cheaper than buy a new main board.

Does anyone know how many transistors and how many capacitors there are and where are they located? Are they in the service manual? Also, what do I check for? Ohms? voltage?

I have a multi meter and Im not afraid to use it...I had great success finding the blown fuse and soldering another on top but I want to be ABSOLUTLEY sure how Im checking transistors and capacitors before I go and start poking around in there. If im not 100%, Ill have to hire an electrician before spending 1800k for a new mother effing board.

Oh, this is for a SP300v.

Tanks,
Rich

You may have bad cable cards...not the "mother effing board". Did you really solder another fuse "on top another"? You need to call your service tech.

Bish Display

I tested the cable cards to the heads for resistance and they are okay. Yes, I did stack the fuse. That must sound funny to you but there is nothing wrong with doing it that way. besides the Roland 300V is currently up and working correctly. The left head was bad which was blowing the corresponding fuse. No need to call a service tech when forums like these exist to help each other out on known issues/problems. My question still remains about the capacitors.

Thanks

asd

I am having problems with my printer too, the power went out one day came back up and the printer stopped communicating with my computer. the printer powers on does the cleaning as schedule but it just does not have a communication with the pc. I sent the board for repair to Macmedia not only I got my board back in worst shape, kent just could not fixed after almost 3 months my printer is still broken and I am out 250.00 if anybody knows where I can sent the board for repair (other than roland) i greatly appreciate it

by the way kent (macmedia) you need to credit back my credit card i been calling you, no answer

Bish Display

If your computer stopped communicating with the printer, it sounds like a compute/software issue. What symptom made you send the board in for repair? Did you still pay the guy even tho he couldnt fix the problem and potentially made it worse? anywho, the only thing I have to offer is to first check the tiny fuses on the motherboard. F2 F3 I believe. Take a multitester, set it to Ohms and place the it on both sides of each fuse (with the printer unplugged) and test for continuity. Other than that, I'm still waiting in here for someone to tell me how to test the transistors, capacitors and/or conductors.

Test your fuses. that what the problem was for me since the printer started, cycled up, cleaned etc... but wouldn't print = bad fuse.

Anyone else?

asd

it did this once before and since it was under warranty the roland tech replace the mainboard and it work again, i did test the fuses and they are fine, even when the printer gets connected to a different computer it doesn't show up,

Palmpro Signs

Having the same problem with my sp-300v F2 fuses blowing on the board with no cables connected. Using the Base - Emitter - Collector test traced the fault to the SanKen transistor 2SC1431 as it was letter the Emitter and Collector pass current. Ordered some new transistors from SanKen hope this stops the F2 fuse blowing. Will post the results once the parts arrive.