• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP-300v briefly lost USB connection

CrAkD

So i started my printer today to do some work I did a manual cleaning and changed the sponge first when I sat down to start printing there was no printer connected I tried switching usb cords, ports nothing. I messed with it for about an hour finally i flipped the switch on the side of the printer left it off for 10 seconds then switched it back on and boom printer connected. So I'm printing now but I'm worried this is a sign of things to come like a fried main board. Any input?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It was probably just a fluke. Have you installed any new devices recently like a desktop printer, scanner etc? That can mess up the ports sometimes. If you plug the printer in and the computer comes back with an error along the lines of, "The connected device is not working correctly or can't be identified", that usually means the USB connection on the main board has broken. Usually I don't see the main boards going bad on those machines in regard to the USB connection other than it physically being broken or having a bad cable.

CrAkD

No I haven't installed anything the laptop stays downstairs only for printing. It was weird I use a usb stick on the same machine and it would see that in the device list but it wouldn't connect either but it gave the message you described but the printer was nowhere to be found until I flipped the switch and then it connected fine. I had to readd it to verse works because I messed with the printer preferences trying to get it to work.