• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP-300v cancelling itself mid print....

CrAkD

All of a sudden today jobs started cancelling themselves mid print. I'm doing like 28 5" decals at 300dpi. First print worked fine second one cancelled right before it printed the crop marks at the end (damn it) then it did it mid print. I get no errors in versaworks but the printer is frozen solid when it happens I have to flip the power switch. I'm using an eps file. But I've always used eps files. Any ideas on how to fix this?

CrAkD

The only thing I can think of is it runs out of ram/system resources. My que A is huge because I leave all orders I may need to run again in the que.

i run versaworks on a Mac emulating Windows. The Mac has 15gb free space and the Emulated Windows system drive only has 5 free. So I think it may have been too much. Lately I've been doing a lot of 150dpi JPEG banners and posters and it worked fine. But this 300dpi eps with cut lines duplicated 28 times may just be too much.

Im going to try clearing the que today and see if it helps at all.

TimToad

Double check all of your connections and cables. Any big temperature swings in the shop? We noticed that our VP540 Versa if allowed to get too cool overnight would give us the "now processing" freeze mid job and then we had to restart it and the RIP workstation before VW will recognize the printer.

A few others here have seen the same condition and its either an IP Address, a motherboard starting to fail, or faulty connections.

I suspected in our case its old cables that when too cold, lose a contact point somewhere along the path so we replaced them, inched up the overnight thermostat setting a few degrees for the shop and it cured it.

CrAkD

Are you RIPing the the file before printing or selecting RIP & PRINT?

I just hit print. So in guess that's rip and print? It usually rips for a bit before the printer fires up.

Nah no temp changes really. It's been pretty much the same.

CrAkD

I power it down whenever it acts weird do you think powering it down for a period of time would help?

CrAkD

So I've been doing nothing but 150 dpi JPEG banners and posters for the past month not a single issue. Today I got an order for 300 dpi 5" stickers which is have to create either an eps or pdf so it knows how to cut them out the file is pretty big I think the pdf is 11mb and I was printing 24 per page. I printed 3 pages no issues on the 4th page it cancelled during the end set of crop marks. I switched the power off and back on and tried printing only 12 at a time and it cancelled before it even started printing.....could it be overheating? Because it printed 3 pages almost 4 perfectly then cancels and won't even start a new page. Last time it was doing this to me if I wait a day and start printing again it works for awhile again and then starts cancelling.

splizaat

Go into power settings on the Windows Operating system and tell it to never go to sleep, and tell it to never let hard drives sleep.

CanuckSigns

The only thing I can think of is it runs out of ram/system resources. My que A is huge because I leave all orders I may need to run again in the que.

You can save the files as versaworks files and it will retain all the info you need (quality, colour settings, quantities etc.) much better to do that than to leave your queue full of jobs, If you ever have to re-initialize versaworks, it will clear all the jobs in your queue.

DEANO 55

I have suffered the same problem and it came on all of a sudden as well, Im afraid the only fix for us after trying numerous things was upgrading the PC,problem was not enough RAM

bigblocktrader

I have had same problem for about 6 months, Only mine says TEMPERTURE TO LOW and locks up,have to shut down for a few minutes then repower up, never know when it will happen usually once or twice a month, after talking to several Knowledgeable
SP300V guys its believed to be print head cables, losing data causing head to park and lock up machine,

with that being said I have tried to buy print head cables for over a year,they are original and 7 inches long,
I recieved 9 inch cables twice and returned them, they are to long technicaly and put things in a bind,
hopes this helps,

I am a buyer for correct print head cables SP300V ANYONE