Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SP-300v Cut pressure problems -HELP!

Discussion in 'Roland' started by mvp-graphics, Oct 22, 2016.

1. mvp-graphics

mvp-graphics New Member

Oct 17, 2016
    Portland Or.
    I appreciate any info I can get.

My problem exist somewhere. Basically, my cut pressure is going away. Where I use to cut htm2 vinyl at 50 grams, i'm now at 95 and when Im trying to cut 3 mil lamination, it barely cuts trough it. Then of course when I cut 11 mil and above for MX graphics, it barely scores it. I can put the pressure at the max(300g) and its the same.

I have been reading forums and talking with Roland techs who have have me replace the cutter strip, blade holder(obviously been buying numerous eom 60 degree blades) and now just replaced the carriage ribbon cable. Nothing has changed except the hole in my wallet. Whats next. Any suggestions?

2. woolly

woolly Member

Sep 24, 2007
    Cornwall uk
    3 things come to mind
    Rip settings over riding machine presure setting or other way around .
    Need to find a spring guage to check the pressure is what it says.
    Grit in the actuator windings

3. mvp-graphics

mvp-graphics New Member

Oct 17, 2016
    Portland Or.
    Sorry for the late reply. I thought I already did this.

Issue fixed: It was Roland Versaworks....When I put the cut pressure in, it was not overriding the printers settings. I put cut pressure straight into the printer and it worked. WOW. $1200 later and all these new parts for a simple software malfunction. LIFE!!

4. Split76

Split76 Member

Sep 15, 2013
    FInland
    I have never controlled pressures from rip / cutting software. Always from cutter (or printer when i had roland).. Too much materials and slight changes.