• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP 300v Cutting issue

toneanddesign

The cut seems to get rigid at random spots, seems to occur more with rounded areas when both die cutting and print/cutting.
45 blade just replaced it have tried numerous other troubleshooting techniques. Can be seen above the N in attached image.

Attachments

• 20160406_134533.jpg
    20160406_134533.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 98

sagesign

I went to a 60 degree blade on mine and it seems to cut quite a bit better, though I don't think they last as long as a 45.

djinnerman

Is this laminate? Is the heater on when cutting? How old is the blade? Is the a lot of space with the blade holder?

If I recall correctly, the roughness is from a dull blade or not enough pressure. Offset can change depending on the angles.

How does your test cut perform and what does it look like when you pull the outer circle out?

toneanddesign

Not laminate, heater is on, I just put in a new 60 blade to try out. Not a lot of space with the holder. The test cut comes out well its just randomly will give me those messed up lines.

Tizz

It may also be a dirt and build up inside the blade holder. I recently unwound removed the cover on mind to find a heap of debris inside. This can cause the blade not to spin around. Wont hurt to drop a tiny dab of lube.
How's the condition of your cutter strip?

I've cut with a 45degree blade on lamintae with and without the heater on.