• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP-300v Cutting problem, HELP PLEASE!!

Doyle

Okay, I have had an account with a major retailer for a few years and do print/cut rta decals for their displays. The decals are full bleed, with the cut path inset about 1/8" from the edge of the print, and are pretty detailed with some fine lines that are contour cut.... I haven't received an order from them in about a year, but just got a huge one the other day and it's sort of a rush job, and of course I run into problems....:frustrated:

A couple things are giving me problems here:

First off, my cutter is doing a horrible job, it is actually skipping over small areas of the cut path and chewing up some of the small detailed areas. I have changed the blade with no luck. Could it be the teflon cut strip? The unit is about 4 years old and the cut strip has not been replaced, but I also would say that it has been used rather lightly..

Another problem is (which could be related to the above) the edges of the graphic are curling after cutting. I have adjusted my heat settings and also set a dry time in my rip to let the ink dry for a few minutes before cutting, but this has not really helped. The curling issue is pretty bad considering that the graphic has some small detailed areas, and after curling, look horrible....:banghead::banghead::frustrated:

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated, I am in kind of a pinch here. Thanks in advance!

Doyle

BTW these decals are printed on Orajet 3651 and I have never had this type of problem before

TresL

I assume they are not lam'd if they are curling.
Only way I can get them not to curl witout LAM is to let outgas for a day.
Yes, check your cutter strip if it's only doing it in certain areas.

Mason

You need a blade holder, the little bearings in the holder are toast, what happens is the blade cannot switch directions (rotate in the holder) and its being dragged sideways instead of with the cutting edge, call your supplier and get the one for the 540, its a step up from the plastic one that comes with the 300

Doyle

Thanks for the replies!! Mason, I ordered the blade holder, I will let you all know how it works out

CustomRide

could be the encoder strip. We had the original sp300 we had nothing but problems with it when it came to cutting. We had it do the same thing where it would lift up and not apply the same pressure throughout. Then some print and cuts would be flawless.

Doyle

I replaced the blade holder and I'm back in business and cutting beautifully again. Thanks for the help!!!