• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP-300V Pinch roller error

BA Signs

I'm getting left or right pinch roller errors on my Roland SP-300V. The rollers are in the correct place and it will give one or the other error when setting up the sheet. Then it will read 0.0 media width. I replaced the flex cut cable to the print head (all four). The encoder strip is new and clean. I've cleaned the pinch roller sensor. What else could it be?

Ragnabrok

Replaced the wrong flex cable. It's the cable that goes from the cut carriage board to the servo board, the cut carriage cable. Also if they are unhappy looking the plastic guides that run with it, replace those as well.

Another thing to look at is the proximity sensor on the back of the cut carriage, sometimes it clips a media guide and breaks off. you can usually see it just from looking from the back of the printer at the backside of the cutter carriage.

BA Signs

Here is a picture of what I was talking about.

Attachments

• 20150627_165833.jpg
    20150627_165833.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 570

Ragnabrok

i think the W is the proximity sensor, it should trigger when it's to the right of the platen, and when it crosses the pinch rollers.

InkjetAuction

Replace the cut carriage cable & guides

W is the pinch wheel sensor

It will show you a * under the W when the pinch wheel sensor (on the back of the cutting carriage) senses a pinch wheel.

You need to replace the cut carriage cable and guides. In the repair process, I would completely clean the cable tracks (including removing and cleaning the top rail) and lube everything with Dupont Dry Teflon (you can buy this at Lowe's). The Teflon goes on wet, but drys with a slick coating. This helps to eliminating the bunching up and kinking of the cable in the top track, which is a main cause of cable failure.

It seems that you would be advised to have a qualified service tech to replace this for you. It's not rocket science, but perhaps you can watch the tech make the repair for next time. Parts are less than $50.

Case closed.

~E