• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP-300V Pinch Roller Reinstall ?

Sign Works

Does anyone know the proper reinstall position of the raised edge on the pinch rollers? I know there is a black dot on them to indicate that is supposed to be placed outward or inward (not sure which) and when the rollers were removed to be cleaned the cleaner removed the dots. It feels as though the raised side of one roller is pointed to the outside and the other to the inside, when I run banner material it wants to bunch up on the wheel that has the raised edge on the inside. I think I reinstalled one of the rollers backwards, anyone know for sure?

InkjetAuction

Dot on Outside

Yup... sounds like that pinchwheel is backwards.

The bevel should be toward the outside, so that there is more pressure on the outside edges, essentially pulling the media tight on the platen. The dot indicates the outside edge.

~E

GSGservice

The mark goes to the outside on the outer pinch rollers the middle pinch rollers are different than the outer ones they are flat and it does not matter which way you install them. Load some vinyl in your machine before changing them out so when you drop the washers they don't fall down into the machine.