Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SP-300V Pinch Roller Reinstall ?

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Sign Works, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Sign Works

Sign Works Very Active Member

Nov 25, 2006
    Sacramento, CA
    Does anyone know the proper reinstall position of the raised edge on the pinch rollers? I know there is a black dot on them to indicate that is supposed to be placed outward or inward (not sure which) and when the rollers were removed to be cleaned the cleaner removed the dots. It feels as though the raised side of one roller is pointed to the outside and the other to the inside, when I run banner material it wants to bunch up on the wheel that has the raised edge on the inside. I think I reinstalled one of the rollers backwards, anyone know for sure?

Tags:
  2. Dot on Outside

Yup... sounds like that pinchwheel is backwards.

The bevel should be toward the outside, so that there is more pressure on the outside edges, essentially pulling the media tight on the platen. The dot indicates the outside edge.

~E

3. Sign Works

Sign Works Very Active Member

Nov 25, 2006
    Sacramento, CA
    Thanks for the confirmation, I'll reverse that roller and see if resolvs the issue.

4. GSGservice

GSGservice Member

Nov 17, 2009
    The mark goes to the outside on the outer pinch rollers the middle pinch rollers are different than the outer ones they are flat and it does not matter which way you install them. Load some vinyl in your machine before changing them out so when you drop the washers they don't fall down into the machine.