• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sp-300v Pinchroll Errors

Wingace

Swear it's not what you think. Yes I did keep the pinchrolls inside the metallic tape boundary however the machine keeps sending back a "Pinchroll Error, Invalid (left or right) Pos". Someone suggested cleaning the encoder strip... did that and still errors :banghead: .... Help :help

strypguy

+1 for carriage cable. That was my problem. I was, however, able to move my rollers inward about 1/4" or so and get the sensors to pick it up. It worked for most of my printing until I could get the cable replaced.

John

Northern Design

Northern Design Graphics
The optical eye that looks for the stripes is dirty and will require cleaning or replacement, Cable has nothing to do with roller alignment

Wingace

@strypguy I'm able to mess with the position of the pinchrolls until it recognizes it definitely ... @northern design I'll look and see what you're talking about, lord knows there's an overlooked lint pile in there I gotta blow out or something.

Love the feedback :D

SignEx

Carriage cable caused me to get the error, first it was intermittent then quite regular,

sometimes for a temporary fix you can take your finger and rub along where the cable lays,
it will sometimes temporarily fix the problem,

I replaced the cable, It was not that hard,