• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP-300V Printing Magenta for Yellow!

ddarlak

Go Bills!
ink contamination. magenta ink got sucked up into the yellow damper/line/cart.

suck it out with a syringe, then run a cleaning cycle

welcome to signs 101

Sign Works

generally can run it through just by printing blocks of just yellow (10" x 28" for example), design in CMYK color mode (100% yellow) and select "preserve primary colors" in Versaworks RIP, this will print yellow using just the yellow ink. Probably a good idea to change cap-tops & dampers to prevent this from happening in the future.

AXXISMotorsports

Ok, not sure if this changes anything but it seems like the magenta yellow print head is almost leaking extra magenta ink when it prints, there is a pool in the cap top and if you look at the face of the print head there is excess magenta ink just sitting on it. I will try and take pictures and post them.

Drew

AXXISMotorsports

4056781056_1b698a3032.jpg

4056039841_9c12fd96d3.jpg

Master's Touch

Your drain line is clogged. You are gonna have to take the front cover off remove the panel at the bottom (a couple tricky screws) and massage the magenta line(that's the one coming from the magenta side of the sponge.) till you see the sponge dry out, then you are gonna have to print a BUNCH of yellow to get rid of the magenta contamination. take some of the cleaning solution and drip it onto the top of the sponge as you go to massage the line, and that will help clear the clog. :thumb:

ddarlak

Go Bills!
now you see where the contamination came from....

don't bother printing a bunch of yellow. get the syringe out and suck the ink out until it's yellow...

and get that pump and drain cleaned up!