• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP-300V Question

acs9871

About a month ago my black ink started making tiny streaks whenever I print any solid black areas larger than 2". I have tried several cleanings and nothing seems to help. The test prints I have done all look great and when I print things with small solid black areas you can hardly notice it but when I print those big solid black areas its very noticeable.

This printhead was actually just put in about 6 months ago and the dampers and everything were replaced at the same time. I really cant figure out what is going on with this thing but any help would be appreciated.

MrGraphics

Owner Operator
Make sure your clean the heads and you probably need a power wash. Roland has a couple different power washes from the service menu. To get into the service menu is kind of tricky and I believe when the machine is turned off you press the down arrow, right arrow, left arrow and up arrow keys one at a time in that order, then press and hold right, down, left in that order and hold them down and turn on the machine, that should put you in the service mode, from there hit MENU and scroll down to HEAD CLEANING. Right arrow puts you in HEAD CLEANING MODE, it defaults to Medium, but you can scroll up for a more powerful wash. I myself would only use the Medium wash a few times. A Powerful wash is hard on the heads and waste a lot of ink. Also in the service mode you can check all your alignments and make necessary adjustments. If you have a problem like that and you have to get through the job and run into problems, often if you run the printer in uni-direction instead of bi-direction it takes twice as long but it gets the job done at a much higher quality. Hope this helps

dayusmc

I had same problem. It was thw little board that the ribons that come off the heads plug into. I changed everything else (motherboard, heads, cap tops, lines, dampners, ect..) and it was that little board, the roland tech that was working on the problem couldn't even belive it. Just my 2 cents.