• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sp-540 stopping mid-print

threeputt

This is happening more and more often. Called Roland tech and he said it's not the RIP or the machine. It's my computer. He says I may have too many programs running simultaneously.

But we've been running this same CPU for 2 years and the problem is only now happening. Is there a way to check to see if the computer is at it's optimal performance?

I have the disk maintenance set for twice a week at like 3am.

Any ideas?

BTW, here's what I'm running: AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3200+ 2 GHz 2 GB RAM

rgaskins

I had this same problem Saturday night with a VP-540...Worked great in Flexi but not Versaworks....There is a new updated, once the VW updated it worked great from then on...Hope this helps you....

Rick

peavey123

what is your computer doing while you are printing?? is it just a rip/print machine? or are you checking e-mails or converting image files or on S101 etc...

Michael77

replace the NIC in your PC and check your network drop to that PC and to printer.... drop packets ... which is what causes this is ussually do to a network cable getting pinched or a NIC intermitantly Failing... it is a sign of age and realativly cheap to fix.... you can get network durrabiltity testing programs online to test this but I think if you change your NIC and make sure your network cables (to computer and the one to printer) are not been mangled your problem will go away...

good luck.

Color Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by peavey123
what is your computer doing while you are printing?? is it just a rip/print machine? or are you checking e-mails or converting image files or on S101 etc...

All of the above.

Even with a good system that you have, if your creating jobs, checking email, watching the 101, etc while the machine is printing, this is enough to cause a hiccup to occur. I have seen this happen alot more with the Mutoh printers but have also seen it with Rolands aswell.

What kind of video card are you running? If the rip is printing and your multi-tasking with emails or designing, you could be using up valuable RAM needed to help the rip to send the job correctly.

Data drop is a hassle in troubleshooting..keep us updated

signs&designs

I had this problem when I once tried to network an SP 540 wirelessly instead of wired into the network. Plugged it in and has never happened since. Now, I do also have 3 computers networked, and I never do much of anything but RIP and print on the one, design on another.

cartoad

We had this happen a few months back, cancelled in the middle of a print got error codes 1300874 and more frequently 1670462. Went thru a lot of media till it got fixed. The error codes were not on on the list and they had to call Japan to get some answers. Tried different computers, rips, cables no effect. Dan from Perfomance came out and replaced the servo board (about $600 plus travel and labor) no problems since then.
Good luck!

ocean502

I have had the same problem. Roland told me to get a crossover cable and call them back.. I was moving things around while printing, as soon as I moved my phone jack (which is laying on the floor) printing stopped...We made sure the connections were tight, and have not had a problem since...Short story long...check your phone line/dsl connections...