• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP 540 will not complete contour cut

cfbeagle

I am having an issue that I cant seem to get any help on. I hope some of you gurus have some input.

When I contour cut with my SP-540 it only completes approx. 80% of the cut, It don't matter what size the job is. a three inch circle will not complete, or a large complex cut will not complete.

I am using versaworks.

I believe it has something to do with my computers. I used to use one of my computers with XP to run versaworks. Then it crashed. after I reinstalled XP I had the above problem, so I started using another computer on my network that was also running XP, everything worked fine from that computer. Now it has died so I replaced it with another 3 year old computer that I reformatted and loaded XP on. This computer is doing the exact same thing as the first computer.

Is this some kind of print spool memory problem or what?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Very simple solution. In Versaworks, go to: Edit Menu > Queue A/B Settings > File Format tab > EPS Margin > Set at 0.05in then click OK.

This adds a small size to the EPS file that allows the contour cut to complete.