• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP-540i Head problem

rebaifares

Hello,
I'm having some troubles with Cyan on my SP-540i, the machine is printing it blurry.
I noticed that when I print
thin lines or print the Bi-Directional Adjustment pattern that there is a sort of non-synchronization, as if the cyan head is dropping ink later than it should be.
Also, when I reduce the head traveling speed, the problem is reduced, but not fixed + long printing time.
I attached some pics that show the problem, plz help me if there is any recommendations to reduce or fix the problem
(Im using only Eco-Sol Max ink)
securedownload (4).jpg securedownload (1).jpg

slowhand

Hi, try to clean encoder strip with isoprophanol -Do NOT clean with Roland cleaning liquid !! Then try if you have spare part of cutter cable. This works for my SP-540V.

anothersign

clean encoder strip with isoprophanol

I was a roland tech for a few years and the only thing i would add is to clean encoder strip with isoprophanol but do not touch it use 2 q tips and sandwich the encoder between with the isoprophanol on the q tips

rebaifares

Thanks a lot for your replies.
I cleaned it but the problem stay the same
I think that it could not be an encoder problem, because the problem is only in Cyan.
any other suggestions?