• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP-540V Cleaning Help

Sindy

Hello All,

I bought a SP-540V nearly a year ago, and stupidly left it in the garage without keeping it plugged in, and think the pipes from the cartridges to the print heads have dried up, as I can not seem to get the Black to print.

I have tried doing all the cleaning options on the printer, and have done a manual clean using the cleaning kit, but still no joy.

Could anyone please let me know how I go about cleaning the pipes/tubes?

Thanks,
Sindy

Robert M

Pipes

Take the ink line off at the damper, throw the damper away and get a new on. Install a cleaning cartridge, get a large syringe and hook it to the onk line and start pulling fluid through the line. Once that is running clear, hook the syringe (get some soft tubing to connect to the syringe with about a 3mm id) and fit it over the nipple the damper was on. Push some cleaning fluid through the head. If all goes well, install the ink cart and put on the new damper and do a couple of powerful cleans to draw ink back into the head