• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sp-540v color over spray

VINYLGRFX

I have a SP540V for a few years now with no problems, until now, I'm getting on some solid color prints a slight over spray... (not sharp lines around your images or letters) has any body experience this problem, I have cleaned the unit on a reg schedule and made multi cleanings Med and Heavy and still get it on some prints with certin solid colors.

Thanks

Dale
Customvinylgraphics.com :wavingflag:

stickygraphics12

I could be wrong on this, but it might be static. Mine was on carpet and I had my tech come out for a warranty call a little while ago and he suggested I put some plastic mats underneath it. As weird as it sounds it helped my printer with the small bits of overspray.

artbot

i've heard of voltage settings, media static, head height, and room humidity contributing to overspray.

DRamm76

Here's an additional tip when cleaning it. Some people wipe the heads down using the swabs when they are wet. I've suggested that once they are done cleaning them wet, they should go back and wipe them down with a dry swab too and get the remaining solution off.

You may also want to consider raising the head height or even cleaning the linear encoder strip as well.

702 graphics

We have an xc-540. We only have this problem when printing on Oracal 3651. The roland rep sold us tensil to put over the vinyl to reduce static. It did not help. We switched over to 3m ij35c-10 and no longer have a problem.