• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP 540V Discoloration after head passes over a tear

GXGraphics

While printing a 100 inch wrap, I had no issues with coloring until the last 10 inches or so. I guess there was a small tear on the vinyl's edge, and the head started to rub on it, making it pop up more. We just let it run, holding the tear down the best we could until it passed the torn portion. Once the print finished, we took a look at it, and right where the tear is, the coloring changes. I attached a couple of photos showing what I am referring to. The print was solid black, and once it hit that tear, it is almost as if it switched to low quality, or ran out of ink. It is not only on black, it is all of the colors. Anyone know what happened? I am thinking there might be a little head damage.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 184
  • unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 159

J Hill Designs

hopefully no damage to the head, just clean it well and do some test prints to confirm. You will most likely have to reprint the whole panel though.

Morkel

Yeah you've just banged the head's nozzles. Hopefully it's just ink that's blocked them and they're not physically damaged. Make sure after you clean it you do a full nozzle test and make sure every nozzle is firing.