• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP-540v help

Spud

okay so after a week of trojans and network issues, everything resolved.. still a problem with my roland. from the computer end it reads the ink levels, gets the width of the media, and basically is in contact with the printer.

when I send a file to print, it rips, than moves to the print section stays about 15 seconds and disappears, any suggestions?

Spud

hmmmmmmmm

Attachments

• printlog.jpg
    printlog.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 71

Spud

it says that the printer is connected though nad it's ready to print

Attachments

• printlog2.jpg
    printlog2.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 113
I would close Versaworks, and open a Command Prompt window (Start > Run...CMD > OK Button. This will open a dos-like black window. At the prompt (flashing cursor), you are going to type the following:

ping [printer's IP Address], where printer's ip address is the actual address itself, eg 192.168.1.5

This command will send a series of requests out to that address, and the printer will reply if it is able to. You should receive a message similar to:

packets sent = 4, received = 4, lost = 0 (0% loss) with a lot of other information.

If you get back anything else, it indicates a communication problem with your network, that can be hardware (cabling or switches), or software related.

Bob

Spud

Bob,

the ping command stated it could not process and closed down the command prompt window.

OOPS! Opened a cmd window first.

"ping requrest could not find host [192.168.1.5]. Please check the name and try again."

So obviously it's not picking up the printer, but what gives?

It may mean that something is wrong at the network connectivity level. That could mean many things, as I mentioned in my previous post. THe first thing that I would look at is the IP address. Is it possible that you have the wrong address, or that the network card in the Roland is at another address? You should have a Roland print server utility that can verify the address of the Roland. Here is the link to the page on Roland's site:

http://www.rolanddga.com/color/support/wizard/default.asp?ft=12&mt=307&pt=&modelmenu=

Click the link 'Roland Print Server Utility'. Note that if you already have this installed, you don't need to re-download and install it. Run the program, and it should (hopefully) locate the address of the printer. Then close the application, and try to ping it again, as before. If it does not ping, I would next power down the Roland printer (main power switch on the side), and power it back up, then try to ping again.

Sometimes, the power cycle will get things communicating again. If that fails, you probably have some other network issue that would require an on-site visit to resolve.

Bob

ericmitchell29

Yes Crazy has it....

You have to turn your printer off... not just the blue light.. the actual switch. It did it to me once when my computer shut down in the middle of a print.

should be good after that.

Eric