• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sp-540v ink line contamination

Cassini14

Hi
One of the printhead needs to be changed (magenta/yellow). I can change the printhead, but the lines got contaminated and both are Magenta. What should I do before start changing the printhead? Should I flush the line before or after changing the head? How I flush the line, properly? Thank You

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Take the ink cartridges out and then pull with a syringe through the damper to suck the ink out. Just get the bulk of it out. You don't have to flush most of the time but you could if you want to make sure all the pathways are nice and clean. If it were me I would just get the magenta out of the yellow and then move on from there. There isn't enough magenta left over in the line to change the color of the yellow in any meaningful way. Just be aware that if the ink receded back far enough to get into the cartridge, you might just need a new yellow cart. Pretty rare though.

Cassini14

Take the ink cartridges out and then pull with a syringe through the damper to suck the ink out. Just get the bulk of it out. You don't have to flush most of the time but you could if you want to make sure all the pathways are nice and clean. If it were me I would just get the magenta out of the yellow and then move on from there. There isn't enough magenta left over in the line to change the color of the yellow in any meaningful way. Just be aware that if the ink receded back far enough to get into the cartridge, you might just need a new yellow cart. Pretty rare though.
Thank You. Very appriciated