• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help SP-540V lines on prints

Alex C

Hi Team,

Trust you are doing fine.
Im having an issue with SP-540V... kind of banding
The prints mostly on magenta are having llines.
The nozzles are firing correctly but still lines are present on Magenta..
Test made with Heater off..
Any advice?

yours,

Desire C

Attachments

• SP-540V sample.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 227

GTSTech_1

Your nozzles are not firing correctly, yes all nozzles are firing. However if you look at the test print you can see some darker lines/nozzles in the K, C, and M. The darker lines are caused by partial clogging in the nozzle, and and instead of firing straight down it firing left or right thus causing the dark line. This deflection is causing the slight banding or over spray effect on the text that shows model number and serial number. You can try new captops and dampers, but I have little faith that will cure the deflections. I do have faith that new printheads would solve the deflection.

Just my .02

Alex C

I understand what you mean, Nozzles are firing but some are deflecting..

* The K/Cy print head is new.. New dampers and Captops.. Alignment done correctly.
Still i cant explain why these lines. .

Joe House

Your nozzles are not firing correctly, yes all nozzles are firing. However if you look at the test print you can see some darker lines/nozzles in the K, C, and M. The darker lines are caused by partial clogging in the nozzle, and and instead of firing straight down it firing left or right thus causing the dark line. This deflection is causing the slight banding or over spray effect on the text that shows model number and serial number. You can try new captops and dampers, but I have little faith that will cure the deflections. I do have faith that new printheads would solve the deflection.

Like GTS said, yoiu need to replace the M/Y head. Magenta nozzles are the worst here and that's what's causing your magenta banding. That's an obvious issue here. There may be other issues, but till that is corrected, you can't reliably do any other troubleshooting.

Good Luck