• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP-540v "locking up" after turning on sub power

Karen in Ocala

Help please! This problem started last week, randomly "locking up" after a sheet cut. Today it locked up a few times while using the Test Print function. I have reinitialized the limit (twice actually) in case that was the issue. Now, when I hit the sub power button and it starts to go through the motions, it is locking up during the cleaning. Turn off main power, turn on main power, turn on sub power... locks up. I can't get it past that point. Any ideas? Thanks.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Is it giving any errors? By locking up do you mean it's just sitting there doing nothing or is it like the head is getting stuck on something?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Unfortunately this could be a bad issue. I haven't run into it a lot and it's hard to diagnose but it could have something to do with a blown servo board or even a main board. Have you tried booting up in service mode and seeing if that works? What about booting up in cleaning mode? Does it go any further?

Karen in Ocala

Yes, booted up in service mode and cleaning mode. Spoke to a tech and because of "where" it was locking up in the cleaning, he suggested oiling the wiper rod (a light 3-in-1 oil). The rod was easy to get to and oil while in cleaning mode so I could move the wipers in and out. Problem solved.