• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP-540v lost connection

tnawards

Hello all,
I am having a major issue that is turning in to a major headache. I have a Sp-540v connected via crossover cable directly to a computer. This setup has worked flawlessly for 2 years. Recently after a power outage the printer has lost communication with the printer. NetTools shows no IP address nor will VersaWorks recognize the printer.
Heres where the fun really begins.....
After contacting Roland and going through resets and restarts they recommended contacting my Roland Tech guy which I did. Sounded like my print server/network card had gone bad. Roland Tech came out, reset card(he wasn't sure if he did it correctly so he called Roland), tried a new cable, hooked up printer through his computer, still no communication. Came to the same conclusion as the phone tech.
Heres the kicker......
New card is $800 BUT THEY CAN'T GUARANTEE THIS WILL FIX THE PROBLEM, NON REFUNDABLE FIX OR NO FIX AND THEY CAN'T GET THE PART UNTIL SEPT 25. They can't diagnose their own machine and guarantee a fix. Whats the use of paying a CERTIFIED TECH to come out if they are just going to throw parts at it and hope for the best. I can do that! He of course mentioned (TWICE) that if I had the extended warranty thats what they would do.

If anyone has any suggestions or knows of anyone who can correctly diagnose this problem please let me know.

Last edited:
Check the IP address of your computer, make sure the last sets of 3 numbers are the same as your printer IP address and the LAST set of three numbers are different. Use your NET TOOL to give (or check) the IP address of the printer, here is where you can give a new number. Does the tech really know HOW to use the IP address and Net Tool? Lastly, yes, we have had cards go bad with power issues...sorry, you may have to fork out the bucks for a new card. We have an extra card kept in stock just for issues like this and check to see if it really is a bad card...maybe your dealer can work something out if it's not a bad card.

If you can't find any help, send me your info... We can check it for you to let you know if it's good or bad....not advertising, just helping you out.

Thanks, Sam

tnawards

Could the firmware possibly be corrupted? Can it be updated or reloaded without a network or compter connection?